in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, December 4, 2015

November Book Subscription Box Unpacking

For November I received only one box, the Book Candy Box. I skipped my November Bookworm Box, but from what I have seen online there were some amazing books included. I was really happy with the books that I got in my Book Candy Box though, but I was a bit disappointed in the swag included this month. There wasn't a lot, and what there was wasn't a very good selection as it was all bookmarks and cards. I am loving the surprise in my mailbox every month with these boxes though.
The Book Candy Box is a subscription box service that offers a few different options as far as which box you would like to purchase. These boxes are secured on a month by month basis, so you need to purchase one each month as it does not auto-renew. Prices vary per box selected. The Book Candy Box store is open from the 1st day of the month until the 15th day of the month for boxes shipping the next month. (IE: To purchase a January Box, you need to order between December 1st-15th.) The contents of your box will vary, depending on which box you select. The options are as follows: Option 1: One Signed Book. This box is $12.00 plus shipping. Option 2: 1 Signed Book, Swag, and a Signed Model Photo for that month's featured model. This box is $20.00 plus shipping. Option 3: 2 Signed Books and Swag for $22.00 plus shipping. Option 4: 2 Signed Books, Swag, and Signed Model Photo for $30.00 plus shipping. Though you know what items you will be getting, the titles and authors are a surprise each month. The only thing that is not a secret, is who the model featured each month is as they announce that on their facebook page. The one thing that you should be aware of though is that while each book is signed, sometimes it is a sticker or label (bookplate) rather than a signature on the page itself. The great thing about The Book Candy Box is that because they are open for a limited amount of days and order books based on signups, they do not run out of boxes and they are available to customers throughout the entire sales period. There is no waiting for spots to open up or for others to cancel. As long as you order between the 1st and 15th, you are guaranteed a box. 

November Book Candy Box 

The Book Candy Box that I received in November included a signed Wild Pitch by Sloan Johnson and a signed Something For the Pain by Victoria Ashley (this one had a bookplate). Swag in this months box was a MJ Carnal bookmark, MJ Carnal door hanger, A. Giannoccaro bookmark, A. Giannoccaro signed postcard, MJ Fields signed rak card and an eye candy bookstore business card. 

Wild Pitch by Sloan Johnson 

There’s never been any question in Sean Tucker’s mind that he’d do whatever it took to make it to the major leagues and be one of the best pitchers of his time. The day he acknowledged to himself that he was gay was also the day he vowed to stay in the closet in order to chase his dreams. The problem is, he never counted on Mason Atley. 

Sean showed rookie short stop Mason Atley the ropes, both on the field and off. The two forged a friendship which continued as both of them moved through the ranks of the farm system and into the majors. Unfortunately, there’s always been one secret Mason never felt he could share with Sean. Until now. 

For seven years, Sean lived with the fact that he loved a man who would never reciprocate. When Mason admits that he’s always known he’s bisexual but has never allowed himself to pursue a relationship with a man, will Sean be able to put aside his reservations about starting a relationship with the friend he’d always assumed was straight? And more importantly, will they be able to find a way to stay together when their careers keep them apart more than they can be together? 

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | Book Depository | iTunes | 


I have actually been dying to read this series. I have seen a lot of good things and I love sports romance stories. Over the past few years I have become quite a fan of the M/M genre, so when you add that to a sports romance this is exactly the kind of book I enjoy reading. Not ready to let go of the high from my team winning the World Series (Go Royals!), I can't wait to read this book. While this had been on my TBR list for awhile now, getting it in my box has definitely bumped it up to the top. Wild Pitch is the first book in the Homeruns Series, with each book being a standalone. 

  Something For the Pain by Victoria Ashley 

Tempting, inked and highly addictive. Alex is all that and more… 

I’ve made a lot of mistakes – ones I’m not proud of, and definitely ones that have left their marks both mentally and physically. 

Things got lonely; I got lost in my own fucked up mind and in the end it left me fucked out of my mind and unable to fight – or at least win. That life’s over for me and I’ve moved on. 

Six months into tattooing at Blue’s and already I’m the most wanted and sought out tattooist. My biggest clientele consists of women.  

They come into the shop, end up in my bed and we both come out happy. It’s been my release since I’ve stopped fighting. It’s become part of the “new” me.  

But when Tripp reappears in my life, I can’t deny the fact that I would do anything for that girl. 

So when she asks me to move in with her and her ‘boyfriend’ – our other childhood friend – I never expected for things to get so fucked up and twisted that I would find myself only more attracted to her by each passing second or wanting to protect her from everything that isn’t me. 

I have worked so hard over the years to suppress my feelings for her but when I find out that her and Lucas have been having an open relationship, I have the strong urge to rip his heart straight from his chest – to destroy the very thing that keeps him breathing. 

What I didn’t expect was for Lucas to ask what he did. For him to ask me to do the one thing I have secretly longed for since I was old enough to know what the need was. The second thing I never expected was the look of need that I saw in Tripp’s eyes when he asked. 

One night of free passion could change our lives forever.  

I never said that was a good thing either... 

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes |


While I haven't read this book from Victoria Ashley, I have read books by her before and really enjoyed them. I have heard that this is her best book yet from a lot of people, so I am really excited to start this one. Something for the Pain is actually the second book in the Pain series, but each book can be read as standalones as the characters are interconnected.


Tell us what you think about the monthly book box craze. Any of these books on your TBR pile? Are you currently subscribed to any boxes? Are there any that you are 'dying' to subscribe to? Leave us a note about what you think or if there are any boxes that you think we should check out. =)

1 comments :

  1. I like that you can choose a level of box like that so if you just want books or if you want books and swag, etc.

    ReplyDelete