in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, December 20, 2015

ARC Review: Stripped by Piper Lawson


Stripped is the second book in the Travesty series by Piper Lawson. Each book is a standalone story, though the characters are interconnected. In Schooled we got to meet Dylan and Lex, Ava's brother and her best friend. I was really interested to get Ava's story though, so I was really glad that she got her own book in Stripped. 

After graduation, Ava and her best friend Lex head to New York to start their business together. Ava has always wanted to be a fashion designer, but just as it appears she is finally getting everything she dreamed of their company Travesty is sued. Accused of stealing someone else's design, Ava and Lex meet with their accuser's lawyer and Ava comes face to face with the hottest hook up of her life, the man she never thought she would see again. Nate is trying to make a name for himself and is devoted to being the best lawyer he can be. So when his newest case happens to be against the woman he can't get off his mind, he knows that he needs to remain professional and keep her at a distance. But with the attraction and chemistry stronger than ever between them, can they possibly stay away?

I liked Ava and Nate together. They were really great together, and I believed their connection right away. They had a great amount of chemistry and attraction between them, and it was clear that they both had never forgotten their night together. Ava was smart and strong, yet she had moments of weakness here that showed a different side to her. Nate was sexy and smart, but he was also living a life based on what his family wanted for him rather than what he wanted. While I liked these two together, there were some things that happened that I wasn't happy about. They each made some choices and did some things that I didn't like. I felt like at times these two really needed to talk more and be honest about everything that was going on. Ava and Nate both seemed to run a bit hot and cold at times, and I think that some of that could have been avoided had they actually spent more time discussing things and listening to each other. 

As much as I did believe in Ava and Nate as a couple, I also felt like this book was predictable at times. There were similarities to a lot of other stories I have read before, and while the story was okay there wasn't a lot of new or unique here. I am glad I got Ava's story, but this is one of those books that isn't really memorable and I probably won't read it again. If you are looking for a good contemporary story to lose yourself in for awhile, you might give this one a shot, especially if you have read Schooled. But if you are looking for something deep and emotional that will stay with you, this might not be the one for you.

**ARC Provided by Inkslinger PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | 





0 comments :

Post a Comment