in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, February 15, 2016

ARC Review: Current by Abby McCarthy


I'll admit that the blurb for this book instantly drew me in and I knew I had to read it. I have read book by Abby McCarthy before and really enjoyed them, so I was really excited to start Current. I could not put this book down, and the book definitely lived up to the blurb. This was such a great story, and it just reminded me of everything that I have loved about Abby's books in the past. It was well written and captivated me right from the start, and I loved that it was different. 

June Withers and Jake Daniels fell in love when they were just kids. But life tore them apart and destroyed everything that they had found together. Years later, June is writing an article about a band and the keyboardist resembles the man that she believes Jake would look like after years of aging. But Lucas shows no recognition of her, and she finds herself falling in love all over again, this time as an adult. June and Lucas move forward though he reminds her of Jake, and once again June's happiness is torn away just as she had found love. As June learns that what she thought she knew was actually a web of lies, she must once again try to pick up the pieces and move on. Six more years pass before June is finally at peace with her life, but once again everything changes when a love from her past reappears. This time though, June is the one that has a secret. 

I can't really go into much here, because I really don't want to spoil anything. So I will just say that I really loved these characters. They were real and easy to relate to, and my heart really went out to all of them. They didn't always make the right decisions, yet I understood their actions perfectly and really got their motivation. I thought that there was a lot of love here, and I hated that these characters had dealt with so much loss and that there were so many things always seeming to stand in their way. I really believed that Abby McCarthy would do all of them justice though, and to me she did.

Overall, this was a really great story. It was emotional and captivating, and I read it in one sitting because I couldn't put it down. I thought it was such an interesting and different story and I hadn't read anything like it. I will say that at times it did seem to be a bit far fetched and convenient, as some of the things that happened and the amount of bad things that happened just seemed to be too many and too frequent. But I was so drawn in and invested, that I enjoyed the story regardless and took it for the work of fiction that it was. I am becoming a huge fan of Abby's, and I know that this won't be my last book from her. I highly recommend this one, and I think a lot of readers will enjoy this story as much as I did.

**ARC Provided by Gossip Girls PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes |





0 comments :

Post a Comment