New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author and RITA Finalist, Carolyn Brown, has published more than seventy books. These days she is concentrating on her two loves: women’s fiction and contemporary cowboy romance. She and her husband, a retired English teacher, make their home in southern Oklahoma.
The Top 5 hardest things about writing a story dealing with Christmas, if it's not Christmas.
1. If it’s more than a hundred degrees outside, setting the mood can sometimes be difficult. That’s where Christmas carols through the ear phones and imagining snow comes in handy.
2. If it’s not the first holiday story, sometimes it’s hard to find a story line. Not so much with Merry Cowboy Christmas since Truman was my scrooge and Fiona needed a miracle.
3. Making sure that the story is something brand new and fresh. That sounds like #2 but it’s a whole ‘nother problem. Finding just the right songs to touch the hero and heroine’s hearts, to draw them closer and closer and the right balance of magic and miracles for love to find it’s way into their hearts.
4. Sitting in the chair and writing the amazing story the characters are telling me. I’d rather be outside listening to the birds and watching the tom cats chase away the crickets and put the fear of tomcats into the blue jays.
5. Realizing that it’s not really Christmas. I get so deep into my characters and stories that I forget that I’m writing in the heat of summer and think that it’s time to make cookies and go shopping.
THIS CHRISTMAS, SANTA'S WEARING A STETSON'Tis the night before Christmas and all through the house is the presence of one wickedly hot cowboy who's come to stay for the holiday. Fiona Logan is downright shocked to return to her childhood home and find that the tall blond stranger who came to her rescue on an icy road will be sleeping just across the hall from her bedroom. Talk about temptation . . .Jud Dawson never believed the Lucky Penny Ranch would live up to its name until now. Fiona is gorgeous, smart, funny, and everything he thought he'd never find. Now all he has to do is convince her to stick around town instead of hightailing it back to Houston. But with wild weather, nosy neighbors, and a new baby in the family, getting her to admit that she's falling in love might just take a Christmas miracle.
Check out the Lucky Penny Ranch series:
Up For Grabs:
- 10 Print copies of Merry Cowboy Christmas
- Please fill out the Rafflecopter form.
Special thanks to Forever Romance for sponsoring this tour-wide giveaway.a Rafflecopter giveaway