in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, December 6, 2017

ARC Review: The Plan by Ella James


The Plan is the fourth standalone story in the Off-Limits Romance series by Ella James. This series has had its ups and downs for me, but I have mostly loved it so I couldn't wait to read this one. Unfortunately, I had a lot of issues with this one and it was my least favorite of the series, in fact I almost didn't make it through the entire story. 

Marley wants a baby, so when she finds out that her fiance had a vasectomy and her mother's health takes a turn for the worse, she knows it is time to do something. She leaves Chicago behind and moves back home to the small town of Fate, Alabama. What she didn't expect is that the house she has rented also has another tenant, her ex-husband. Gabe is now a successful author, but he has his own set of problems. Though things get off to a rough start, the attraction between them never went away and soon it is more than they can fight. So when Marley comes up with a plan, she never expects for him to take her up on it as easily as he does. But can they possibly have a second chance and future together after everything that has happened? 

I struggled with Marley and Gabe. I wanted to like them, and they were okay. But I honestly didn't feel the connection between them at all. Don't get me wrong, some of the sex scenes between them were super hot, but I wanted more. I honestly didn't believe that there was really anything there between them besides some steam. There was so much focus here on personal issues and drama, that it just didn't feel as though these two had any kind of connection or a possible future together. 

I really felt like the blurb of this story didn't match with the actual content of the book. This book was definitely more drama and personal issues than it was a romance. I did finish this book because I had hope for the story and characters, but it didn't ever get there for me. Unfortunately I didn't believe that these two really loved each other or had any kind of connection besides a past of mistakes and possibly even future ones. As much as I wanted to believe that there was something between them, I just didn't. Problems were glossed over and their responses to actual issues felt immature and and unrealistic. I didn't think that these two should be even close to having a relationship and child together until they dealt with some things first. While the drama was too much for me in The Plan, I have really enjoyed books from Ella James before so this won't be the last I read from her. This one just fell flat and was a miss for me.

**ARC Provided by Dirty Laundry Review**

Purchase: | Amazon |




0 comments :

Post a Comment