in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, April 8, 2018

ARC Review: The Birthday List by Devney Perry


I am a huge fan of Devney Perry’s and I honestly cannot get enough of her stories. I have loved each one of them, and The Birthday List was no exception. This book was sweet and heartfelt, and I loved each of the characters. Devney Perry really hit it out of the park with this story and I know readers are going to love this one as much as I did. 

Poppy thought that she had it all, a loving husband a future together filled with making their dreams come true. But with one tragic event, everything changed for her. Now years later, she is trying to move forward with her life and part of that means coming to terms with her husband’s tragic death. Jamie left behind a list of things he wanted to do before each birthday, his version of a bucket list, and Poppy is determined to complete each item on the list. She never could have guessed that the man who delivered the terrible news of Jamie’s death would also be the one to help her complete his list and help heal her heart. 

I loved Poppy and Cole so much! Cole was so sweet and patient with Poppy, he was exactly what she needed. I loved that he was so willing to help her complete Jamie’s list, because he knew how important it was to her. He was always there for her, however she needed him. But Poppy also wasn’t weak, and while she leaned on Cole, she was determined to be strong and move forward with her life. Poppy was fun and full of life despite everything that had happened to her, and I loved her for Cole just as much as I loved him for her. These two had a great connection that just grew stronger the more they spent time together, and I felt that it was so genuine and believable. I was glad that things happened naturally and weren’t rushed at all. The chemistry between them was amazing, but it was so much more than that for these two. 

Overall, I loved this book and Devney Perry continues to impress me with her writing skills. She never disappoints, and I love that her stories are so full of love and life. Things aren’t always smooth sailing and there were times that my heart broke for the characters in this story, yet the journey was so worth it. If you haven’t read and of Devney’s stories yet, this is a great place to start and I recommend them all! But if you are already a fan, this one is everything you would expect from her and more. I can’t wait to see what she has in store for us with her next book!

**ARC Provided by Inkslinger PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes |


0 comments :

Post a Comment