in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, November 5, 2018

ARC Review: I Bet You by Ilsa Madden-Mills


I Bet You is the second book in the Hook Up series by Ilsa Madden-Mills, but each book is easily read as a standalone story. I really enjoyed this book and honestly it was just one of those refreshingly fun reads that I liked from start to finish. It was exactly the right book to break up the more serious books I’ve read recently and had so much fun reading it! 

Penelope has been crushing on the perfect guy for her, and football star Ryker knows just how to help her get him. All he needs is a little help from her to win him a bet. Of course he doesn’t tell her his true intentions for helping her, but as they start to spend more time together things begin to change between them. Penelope doesn’t date football players, but Ryker is determined to get her to see that while he might not look like the perfect guy for her, they belong together. 

I loved Ryker and Penelope. They were so much fun to read about and I really enjoyed seeing the cat and mouse play between them. Ryker was sexy and sweet, and I loved that he didn’t let Penelope to get away with anything. He kept her on her toes and forced her to face things she tried to avoid. Penelope was great. She was easy to like and relate to, and I felt for her. These two were perfect for one another and their banter was something I couldn’t get enough of. 

Overall, this was a great story. I loved the characters and their friends. There was just so much to love here, and I felt like it was genuine and original. It didn’t fall into the typical traps that NA books do, with the characters being mature and relatable. I think readers will love Ryker and Penelope and I honestly can’t wait for more from Ilsa Madden-Mills. I’m really hoping for a Blaze and Charisma book next!

**ARC Provided by Enticing Journey Book Promotions**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | 




0 comments :

Post a Comment