in

Thursday, January 18, 2024

ARC Review: What Happens at the Lake by Vi Keeland



What Happens at the Lake by Vi Keeland was the perfect way to start the new year! I really enjoyed this one from start to finish. It had everything I have come to know and love from Vi, but was also new and original.

Fox and Josie had me hooked from the very first page. Fox, a former NHL player, and Josie, a research doctor, get off on the wrong foot when she runs into his mailbox upon moving in next door. As bad as things start though, Fox can’t help but be drawn to her and finds himself helping her out regularly. As they get to know one another, they both realize that there is so much more to each of them than meets the eye. Each of them had been through things that were rough, but it made them who they were. I liked seeing the evolution of their relationship. The chemistry was there early, but watching them get to know one another was what had me unable to put this one down. 


Vi Keeland never disappoints, but this grumpy sunshine story is one of my favorites of hers. There was just something about these characters that had me captivated right away and feeling as though I was on the journey with them. I felt that the characters were genuine and relatable, and I think romance readers will agree. This one was such a good story. Vi Keeland is one of my all time favorite authors, and What Happens at the Lake is not to be missed!


**ARC Provided by Give Me Books**


Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle |












 

0 comments :

Post a Comment