in

Wednesday, August 28, 2024

ARC Review: Tempest by Alison Rhymes


Alison Rhymes was a new-to-me author at the beginning of this year and since starting with Rainfall, I have binged her entire backlist! She is definitely my favorite find of the year, and I cannot recommend her books enough! I was so excited to get the next installment of the Seattle Blades series, with each book being an interconnected standalone you can read each without starting at the beginning. I definitely recommend reading them all though as they are fantastic!

One of the reasons that I love Alison’s books is that each one has a bit of heartbreak and angst to them that the characters have to overcome to get to their HEA. Tempest was no exception and I absolutely could not put it down! I won’t spoil any of the story as I really love the experience of Alison’s books and believe they are best experienced blindly with the reader taking the journey without spoilers. 


What I will say though is that I absolutely loved Gavin and Odette. These two had a strong connection and life got in the way as it often does. They end up finding themselves back in the same city years later, with Odette becoming a mentor to his daughter. They quickly discover that time and distance don’t always dull feelings, regardless of the circumstances that kept them apart. 


Gavin and Odette had so much chemistry. You could really feel the connection and heat between them. I loved seeing them get to know one another after their years apart and I really felt like I could relate to both of them. Odette was so strong and inspiring and I loved her interactions with Gavin’s daughter. Gavin was a really great guy and it was easy to see why he made the choices he did. I really think readers will love this one as much as I did. The characters are impossible not to fall for and the story is captivating from start to finish. One of the best books I’ve read this year, I highly recommend Tempest and honestly any and all books from Alison Rhymes.


**ARC Provided by Wordsmith Publicity**


Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N |












 

0 comments :

Post a Comment