R.A.K. or otherwise known as Random Acts of Kindness is the brainchild of Vanessa and Isalys over at Book Soulmates. I think this is a genius idea. You put together a wish list of items that you would like to receive. Then hopefully at the end of the month someone has sent you some items from it. You in turn choose other fellow bloggers from the list and send them items from their wish list. Last month was my first time participating and I had a lot of fun. I was able to give out quite a few books and I even was given a book series I've been dying to read. If you are a fellow book lover I highly suggest joining this event. For anyone interested in participating, here's how:
- Sign up each month you would like to participate
- Show off that you are a R.A.K. participant by grabbing the button
- Create a wish list(on Amazon, Goodreads, on your blog etc) and post it in the Google Doc located in each R.A.K. post for the month
- If you choose to do a R.A.K. for someone, check out their wish list and contact that person for their address
- If sending an eBook you must gift through Amazon, Kobo, or Barnes and Noble
- If you receive any items during the month you participate in, please email or tweet @Bookbrunette so she can update the Google doc.
- At the end of the month SHOW US YOUR R.A.K! Make a post saying "Thank you" to whomever granted one of your wishes and then share it with Book Soulmates
OPEN TO EVERYONE!
Let's keep our International bloggers in mind and in our hearts.
Remember, there is always Book Depository and they offer FREE shipping!
Simple and easy!