in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Behind the Blogger: Pam from Wicked Little Pixie

Welcome to Behind the Blogger. Behind the Blogger is a feature where I interview and get to know fellow bloggers from different blogs in the blogosphere.

This weeks guest is Pam, though most people know her as Spaz. Pam is currently a blogger at Wicked Lil Pixie, Heroes and Heartbreakers, and her own blog Life As a Spaz. I met Pam at this years Author's After Dark Conference and she is super nice! I'm so excited to have her on the blog. So if you all could please give Pam/Spaz a warm welcome.

1. Why did you become a blogger?
Natasha, who writes Wicked Lil Pixie, asked me to join her blog in June of 2010 writing Urban Fantasy and Paranormal Romance reviews. I had a really good connection with her - we have such similar senses of humor - and it has worked out marvelously awesome. I love to read UF & PNR, and her blog gives me a great avenue to write about the books that I love.

2. Can you tell me a little bit about your blog?
At Wicked Lil Pixie we talk mostly PNR, UF, and YA books. We love anything horror, too. We have added three additional reviewers this past year, as well. We also love a good non-mean-spirited snark rant. Nat began freelance writing for Heroes and Heartbreakers and wouldn't you know, I followed her there, too.

3. What is your favorite book(s)? Why?
I love A Wrinkle In Time by by Madeline L'Engle, because it is the very first Young Adult Fantasy book I ever picked up when I was in 5th grade and it blew my mind. I devoured all the other books that followed it, and they helped me through a rough time of being bullied in school.

Slaughterhouse-Five I read in high school and was my first Kurt Vonnegut experience. I was blown away with his take on the American bombings of Dresden Germany, during World War II.

And lastly, Acheron by Sherrilyn Kenyon because for me it it the EPIC Paranormal Romance book.
Sherrilyn Kenyon is the Aretha Franklin of PNR to me, she is the epic goddess that nobody else can match and she delivered and just kept on delivering with Acheron's book.

4. Is there a scene from a book that just stands out to you? What is it?
When Terrible tells Chess “You know I do, aye? Love you right, Chessiebomb.” in City of Ghosts by Stacia Kane.

5. Who are some of your go-to authors?
Adrian Phoenix, Ann Aguirre, Vicki Pettersson, J.R. Ward, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Stacia Kane, Nalini Singh, Kresley Cole, Diana Rowland, Nicole Peeler, Devon Monk, and Carolyn Crane. There are a lot more, but I had to narrow it down :)

6. What are some of your favorite genres?
I mostly read Urban Fantasy and Paranormal Romance. I will read Suspense Romance as well as Steampunk or Dystopian as well.

7. When reviewing, do you stick to the books that you normal like to read, or are you more open?
I definitely like to be open, because I like to write about what I know and have experience in. But I also have a huge group of fellow book bloggers I like to follow, and if they recommend something, I read it and share my thoughts on it as well.

8. What are some of your favorite tropes? What about those tropes pulls you in?
Give me a strong heroine wielding either guns, swords, or knives and I am yours. Give me dark and gritty, too.

9. What was the last book that blew your mind?
The last book that I was blown away by was Spectyr by Philippa Ballantine, and everyone needs to watch out for Shaedes of Gray by Amanda Bonilla, coming out in December. That book was amazing with awesome on top.

10. Do you have any advice for other aspiring bloggers?
Write what you know. I'm still a noob blogger, but it all boils down to writing about what you know. You can't go wrong if you stick to that rule.

11. When you aren't blogging, what do you like to do in your spare time?
I am a triathlete, and am just now coming back from foot surgery in July. I am looking forward to competing in a Half Ironman Triathlon in 2013, even if I have to walk the Half Marathon portion of it. :) I'm stubborn. I also love working with local animal rescue groups such as Austin Pets Alive and Blue Dog Rescue.

Pam and three of her blogger friends. Bells, Mandi, Penny
Pam and two of her favorite authors: Nicole Peeler and Carolyn Crane
Thanks so much Pam for stopping by and letting me get inside your head. =)

3 comments :

  1. HEY...I'M IN ONE OF THE PICTURES! WOOT!! Great feature, Dani! I will forever think of Sherrilyn Kenyon as the Aretha of PNR now; thanx 4 that, Pamela! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Pam, I choked on my coffee with the SLK Aretha comment. Every time I see Sherrilyn online I'm going to think Aretha. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Penny - YES I had to include a picture of us on there!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for joining me!

    @ WLP - I KNEW you'd appreciate that!!! heehee

    ReplyDelete