in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Follow Friday #20

Feature and Follow Friday is a blog hop put together by two hosts:  Parajunkee and Alison Can Read as a way to help bloggers become aware of other blogs and bloggers. It's a great way to make new blogger friends.


Q: What is your biggest pet peeve when it comes to books? Maybe you don't like love triangles or thin plots? Tell us about it!



There are a few things that bug me when I'm reading. I really hate when I'm reading a contemporary book and the hero or heroine are constantly using the word baby, honey, or any other sappy endearment. I actually tend to stay away from contemporaries because of this. 

I'm also not the biggest fan of over the top story lines. I want to believe that what I'm reading could possibly happen. Yes, I know that I love vampires books and that they aren't real, but if the story is good then I can believe that they are real. If somehow one of the characters in the story suddenly able to live forever and it's not explained and the power was just given to them just because, I get super frustrated. 



Just follow these simple rules to join in on the fun:

  1. (Required) Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Host {Parajunkee Alison Can Read} and any one else you want to follow on the list.
  2. (Required) Follow our Featured Bloggers- Lauren Gets Literal & Fic Book Reviews
  3. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing on Parajunkee's blog.
  4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments
  5. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don't just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don't say "HI"
  6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers.
Thanks for stopping by. =)

24 comments :

  1. Hi Danielle thanks for following me, following you back. Loving your blog too! its so pretty. Thank you again.

    ♥Ficbookreviews♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! The baby, honey thing is annoying.

    New follower

    My FF Post

    ReplyDelete
  3. Over the top story lines kill me too! Then when they have plot holes and don't explain certain things its just unacceptable. It's a double whammy for sure.

    My Follow Friday
    Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't like endearments that feel forced. Any book where the hero calls the heroine "little one" in any language is automatically out for me.

    Happy Friday!

    http://readingtopenguins.blogspot.com/2011/12/following-friday-13.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopping through. I'm totally with you on "Baby" and "Honey." I don't like those words in real life and I don't like them in books. I hate in Breaking Dawn where Edward always calls Bella "Love." Gag.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Happy follow Friday. I'm a new follower.

    http://readinginthemountains.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I stopped reading a book one time because of the word baby. Your adults, come on people! :) Awesome post, completely agree!!!

    http://brunettelibrarian.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well thought out answers and very valid points. Come check out what I had to say as well.

    Grace
    Livre De Amour-Books of Love Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. True, plots are my pet peeve too. Too many sappy endearment is annoying, very.

    Have a happy weekend!

    http://jezsbookcase.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I share your pet peeves. Ridiculous plots are just a waste of time. New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I completely understand about contemporaries - I dislike them because the plots are based on silly misunderstandings.

    Here's my Pet Peeve Post

    ReplyDelete
  12. New Follower

    I agree to a certain extent with you. See the list of things that bug me here

    http://jumpintobooks.blogspot.com/2011/12/follow-friday-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Me too! I don't really like baby or honey but I'm still okay with it!

    A new follower!

    Please check out my FF here:
    http://forget8me8not.blogspot.com/2011/12/follow-friday-2.html

    And my 50 followers giveaway!
    http://forget8me8not.blogspot.com/2011/11/50-followers-giveaway-blood-bound-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have to agree endearments like that make me want to gag, but I am a massive contemporary fan and find that most are ok.

    New Follower, here's my Follow Friday

    Emma @ Lost in a YA book

    ReplyDelete
  15. I feel you on both accounts, cheesy dialogue ruins it for me too, and abilities with no explanation run into the cheese factor too .... happy friday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't stand when people overuse baby or honey IRL, so it also bothers me in books!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    www.laurengetsliteral.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. hello i'm a new follower!!

    http://kcs-books.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I totally agree with your pet peeves.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/12/follow-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hear ya about the "been there-done that" storylines. Although I do appreciate a good vamp read as much as the next person; I admire authors who think outside the book.

    I'm an old follower. :)

    Holiday Foreplay Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  20. so all that baby this and that bugs you but it is real. folks actually do talk like that at times.now about those vampires. hmmm. I definitely can understand one being able to live
    forever.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cool answer! New follower! http://booksarefabulous.blogspot.com/2011/12/follow-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi! I'm a new follower here and I agree with you. You can read about my pet peeves on books at my blog:
    http://www.rachelrmrblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete