in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, March 19, 2012

ARC Review: One Night to Remember by Kristin Miller

I am a huge fan of all things Titanic and when I saw this novella I was excited but skeptical at the same time. I wasn't sure if the author would be able to convey a convincing story and make it believable. I thought the author did a great job and I did enjoy this quick read.

While I have a little bit of a problem believing that Elizabeth would be so quick to jump into bed with Thomas I did enjoy watching them together. I especially love the cat and mouse chase scene in the beginning of the book.

Elizabeth Scott is a clothing designer traveling first class on the Titanic. She seems nice and innocent but she isn't all that she appears. Elizabeth is actually stealing from the first class passengers and giving it to families in need down in third class.

Thomas, an officer for the White Star Line can hardly believe the beautiful woman he's been watching all through dinner just stole another ladies purse. He follows her out of the dining room to confront her for stealing when the chase between them ensues. When Thomas finally does capture Elizabeth he has to decide to follow his honor or his heart.

I appreciated that the author was accurate with the history of the Titanic, I just had a problem with the ending. I won't go into specifics because I don't want to ruin it, but I was slightly disappointed. I just feel like some things could have been handled a bit differently.

All in all I did enjoy this novella but I honestly wish that it was longer. What little bit I saw of both Elizabeth and Thomas I enjoyed and I would have loved for the author to explore their characters a bit more.

**ARC copy provided by Goddess Fish Promotions**

Purchase:
| Amazon |

RATING:

6 comments :

  1. A very timely read & I am fascinated by all things Titanic. So unbelievably tragic.

    marypres(AT)gmail(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you had a problem with the ending, but I'm so glad you enjoyed the characters and their experience aboard the Titanic.

    I'll be popping in and out of your blog all day (I'm actually having problems viewing the comments on the main post, but I'm hoping to fix that) so if you have a question about the Titanic (I've studied it for over twenty years), One Night to Remember, or writing in general, ask away!

    Thanks again, Dani!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this. A quick read and I loved the characters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved this. A quick read and I loved the characters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Walker! Glad you enjoyed Thomas and Elizabeth's journey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice review Danielle. Only bad things about novellas is I am left wanting more! LOL! Glad you enjoyed this one. Sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete