in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, May 6, 2013

Review: Fallen Too Far by Abbi Glines

I have to admit that I have never read a book by Abbi Glines before Fallen Too Far. I had heard about her and was anxious to start this book. Having no idea what to expect though, I was pleasantly surprised. I found this book to be entertaining. It was a quick read that kept me from putting it down, because I had to know what would happen next!

Having to sell her house because of her late mother's medical bills, Blaire turns to the father who abandoned her for help. When she arrives at his house, she finds that her father and his new wife have left for the summer on vacation. She is taken in by her stepbrother Rush who makes it known that he has no interest in knowing her. He offers to let her stay long enough to save enough money to be able to afford a place of her own. Although the attraction between them quickly becomes more than either one of them can ignore.

Tattooed, pierced and the sexy son of a rock star, Rush is a total bad boy. He is flawed and has many secrets. He immediately fights his attraction to Blaire, because he believes that she deserves better. He soon realizes that he cannot fight it anymore, and he becomes extremely protective of her.

Blaire is a strong and independent girl who although only nineteen, is older than her years. Having been through the loss of a mother and sister and the abandonment of her father, she hasn't had much of a chance to live a normal life. I found her personality to be fun and quirky despite the hard times she has lived through. She isn't afraid to stand up and protect herself and I loved that about her character.

All that being said, I did have a few problems with this book. I felt like the love story between Rush and Blaire was...pardon the pun...rushed! It just seemed to switch too quickly from nothing to full on. I also felt like Rush let his sister Nan have too much influence over him and the relationships in his life. He refuses for most of the book to even discuss Nan with Blaire, even after Nan continually attacks her. The fact that he (and everyone around Blaire for that matter) is obviously hiding something from Blaire about Nan for the majority of this book bothered me. Why did everyone know what was going on and not one person would clue her in? However, I did enjoy this book right up until the end when it was absolutely heart breaking! How much can this poor girl take? Blaire and Rush's story continues in the novel Never Too Far and I of course have to read it because I am convinced that Blaire deserves to have a happy ending! I also can't wait to see what happens next for Blaire and Rush.

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | Barnes & Noble | The Book Depository |




1 comments :

  1. I'm glad that the Vincent Boys is much better than this one because I'm still planning on reading it in the future. Your review was very amusing by the way! I can't wait to hear your thoughts on book 2. Hopefully it will redeem the series :)

    Marlene Detierro (Tony Lama Boots )

    ReplyDelete