in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, July 21, 2013

ARC Review: The Coincidence of Callie & Kayden by Jessica Sorensen

I'm not even sure if I can put into words how much I truly loved this book. From start to finish I loved this books and I found it so hard to put down. It was able to grab and pull me in from the first page. Let me say that this wasn't an easy book to read. It deals with some pretty horrific stuff but I love that Callie and Kayden are able to come together to heal from their wounds and the pain and suffering of their past.

Callie and Kayden have known each other for years or rather they know of each other. Callie is a loner and sticks to herself (with good reason), while Kayden is the star quarterback and knows everyone. Neither is what you would call friends with the other but when Callie comes across Kayden being attacked and tries to stop it it opens Kaydens' eyes. Kayden has always just dealt with his pain and suffering in silence but when Callie steps in to save him it awakens something in him. But before he can thank her Callie runs off.

Callie has spent the last six years in hell. After an attack on her twelfth birthday she has closed herself off from everything and everyone. Now away at college, Callie is slowly learning to open up  with others. When she encounters Kayden on campus the two begin a rocky friendship. It's not easy but slowly but surely Callie is beginning to let Kayden in.

Eventually the two are able to let some of their walls down and let the other in and together they try to heal from the wounds of their past. It's not an easy path for either of them and it's full of more stops than goes but eventually they do let the other in. Both begin to trust the other and they realize that there is more brewing between them than a friendship.

What I like is that their relationship isn't rushed and they don't immediately jumped into something with the other. Both try to fight off their feelings and yet the more they fight the attraction the more they realize that they need the other. Don't get me wrong, their story definitely isn't over and the book does end pretty abruptly. You are left wanting more and if you are like me, anxious to see how the author is going to tie up their story in the next book.

Believe me, this isn't a fluff read and at times you might find it hard to continue but believe me it is so worth it. I can't wait to read more from this author and see the conclusion of Callie and Kayden's story.

**ARC provided by NetGalley**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | Barnes & Noble | The Book Depository |



2 comments :

  1. Wonderful review, Dani! I have this on my Kindle, but haven't gotten to it yet. It sounds like I need to make time. :)
    I really enjoy watching characters develop as well as their relationships.
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This author has been popping up and around a lot lately. Her books all sound really similar though, so I'm a little iffy about it.

    Zaira Lynn (Skagway)

    ReplyDelete