in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, February 20, 2014

ARC Review: Taking Something by Elizabeth Lee


In Taking Something by Elizabeth Lee we get Nick's story after everything that happened in Give Me Something (GMS). This story could be read as a standalone and you wouldn't have too many problems with what is going on during this book. However I highly recommend that you start with Give Me Something before reading Taking Something for a few reasons. One, because Give Me Something is a great book! I can't even tell you how much I loved it. Two, because you get to meet Nick for the first time as well as Lila and Tucker who are also in Taking Something (TS). I think reading the first book definitely gives the reader some much needed insight into Nick's character and how he ends up in the position he is in when we start TS. Like I said though it isn't necessary, but just what I would recommend. Taking Something was fantastic though! As much as I loved GMS I honestly didn't expect to love this one as much, but Elizabeth Lee proved me wrong. These books are must reads in my opinion, and if you haven't read them yet you are missing out!

After losing the only girl he has ever loved, Nick is determined to have a successful career in music. He has stopped being a con artist and has been working a legit job as a DJ. He really wants to become a music producer though, and when the opportunity presents itself Nick goes out of his way to convince the higher ups at a recording label to give him a shot. Only problem is, Nick will be working with Sadie Sinclair who has a reputation of being hard to work with. Nick knows women and music though and is determined to use that knowledge to his advantage. But when things turn from just business to business and pleasure really quickly, Nick is forced to change his plan. What he doesn't expect though is to be drawn to Sadie's personal assistant Gia. Gia is unlike anyone he has ever met before, and worse he can't stop thinking about her. Now Nick must decide if his career is worth sacrificing for a shot with Gia, or if he is willing to give up a shot of love in order to have the career that he has dreamed of.

I will be the first to admit that I loved Nick in Give Me Something. He really made me mad at the end of the book though because I had been rooting for him from the start. I knew towards the end though that he wasn't meant for Lila, and that he was capable of redeeming himself. He absolutely did, and it was so nice to see his evolution from that book to this one. I thought that we really got to see through his POV in this story that he was so much more than we had seen in GMS. He was still the confident and sexy charmer, but he was also a bit damaged and insecure from everything that he had been through. I really enjoyed seeing him fall hard in this one and really become the best person that he could be not only for himself but for others. I really didn't like Sadie. She was manipulative, selfish and just plain mean. I was waiting for her to get what was coming to her the whole book. She would have moments where you would think maybe there was something more to her, and then she would just turn around and show that she really was just as bad as you had originally thought. I loved Gia though. She was sweet and protective. I knew there was so much more to her story that what we were getting, and I have to admit that I never saw it coming. She had her reasons for doing everything she did and when it all came out, it just made me like her that much more. She had been through so much, and yet she was able to do what she needed to. She was definitely one of the most likable characters that I have read in a long time, and she seemed so real to me. I thought that Gia and Nick had amazing chemistry right from the start, and it was clear that they had a strong connection.

Overall, this book was fantastic. I thought that the characters were all deep and interesting. I couldn't put this one down, and I had to keep reading to see what would happen. I love how Elizabeth Lee always keeps you guessing, and you never know what twist or turn will happen next! I have loved both books in this series, and they never turn out exactly as I expect but they always end exactly how they should. This story was definitely one that will stick with me, and I loved seeing Nick become the man that Lila always knew he could be. It was great to see him finally figure things out, and I loved that he was still close with Lila but also was now close to Tucker as well! It was also so nice to see how things had turned out for Lila and Tucker, and I was so glad to get a bit more of them in Taking Something. I highly recommend this series, and I really can't go into all the reasons why I love these books without spoilers. But these books definitely shouldn't be missed and I think that they are ones that romance fans of all genres will really become invested in and enjoy. I can't wait to read more from Elizabeth Lee in the future and will be anxious to see what she comes up with next.

**ARC provided by Inkslinger PR**

Purchase:Amazon | B&N |



0 comments :

Post a Comment