in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Review: My Beautiful by Alicia Rae


My Beautiful is the second book in the Beautiful series by Alicia Rae. Kyle and Lily's story continues in this book, and should only be read if you have already read Beautiful Chances. This series is one that I have really enjoyed, and I find myself becoming lost in Kyle and Lily's beautiful story. There is so much to overcome and yet their love makes that possible. If you haven't read this series yet, you should definitely check it out. This series will make you experience so many different emotions, and yet you just can't help but fall in love right along with the characters of the story.

With Kyle's help, Lily has begun the difficult path of moving forward with her life. At the end of Beautiful Chances Kyle asked Lily to move in with him at his Lake Tahoe house and leave Florida behind. Luckily, Alicia Rae didn't make readers wait long to find out what Lily's answer is. As Lily and Kyle begin to move toward a future together, there are many things that first need to be dealt with. Lily has begun to see a professional and share her feelings and thoughts. Lily also must deal with everything that her family left behind, including the house in Colorado. As Lily begins to heal with Kyle's help, she realizes just how much she needed him in her life. Even though letting someone in and loving someone again scares her, she knows that her and Kyle feel right together. Lily also begins to reconnect with her family and those that she left behind. With Lily's stalker still out there though, things begin to escalate and soon Lily is being threatened more than ever. Will Lily and Kyle be able to have the future together that they envision, or will the opportunity of forever be taken away from them?

I loved Lily and Kyle in the first book, but I loved them even more after reading My Beautiful. Lily and Kyle really are perfect for each other, and it shows in everything they do. Their love and connection is so strong and solid. They are always there for each other and push the other to be better. I love how intense their feelings are and their amazing chemistry, but I also really love their playfulness as well. These two can go from being serious to playful, to absolutely steamy and it all works so seamlessly. They have a natural fit together and the ease of their relationship is something really rare. I absolutely love the fact that when it comes to their relationship there is never a ton of drama. The drama in these books is saved for things outside the relationship, and their bond is unshakable in the face of anything. Lily and Kyle seem so real and believable and their relationship has always felt the same to me. I know that Lily and Kyle will always be a favorite book couple of mine and that I will reread their story in the future.These two grab a hold of your heart and refuse to let go.

Overall, this series just keeps getting better. I really enjoyed this story and thought that it was beautifully written. I think the characters are ones that most readers can identify with and and very easy to relate to. The connection between Lily and Kyle continues to grow as they face their troubles together and I love watching them heal and move on together. I think that these two have off the charts chemistry and their steamy scenes never disappoint. I do feel like sometimes there is a bit much of them and that it sometimes takes over the story a bit though. I wish that we would be given more insight into Kyle's background. I feel like these stories have focused mainly on Lily, and that is understandable considering everything that she has gone through. But I find myself curious about Kyle and wanting more. I hope that we get more of his life in the next book. I really love Lily's cousins. They are entertaining and fun, and I love their banter. Their relationship with Lily is really special, and I love how close they all are. I also really like the developing bromance between Kyle and Jason. I think that this series is a must read for fans of the New Adult genre. There is absolutely everything you could hope for in a great book with this series. I can't wait to read more in this series and see where the future takes these wonderful characters. I also can't wait to see what Alicia Rae comes up with in the future, as I am quickly becoming a huge fan.

**Review copy provided by Literati Author Services**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | The Book Depository |



0 comments :

Post a Comment