in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, February 14, 2014

ARC Review: Pushing the Line by Kimberly Kincaid


Pushing the Line is the forth novella in the Line series by Kimberly Kincaid. This sexy short story is about Blake's cousin Aaron who we first met in Outside the Lines. This novella can be read as a stand alone but does have interconnected characters from the previous stories. This is the second story in this series that I have read, and I have really liked both of them. They are short, sweet, and written really well. These novellas are the perfect way to spend a few hours and are really enjoyable to read. Kimberly Kincaid is definitely an author that I will be keeping an eye on in the future.

After Harper's grandma dies she heads to Brentsville in order to settle her affairs. Harper quickly finds out that her grandma left her the business that she treasured for so many years, her candy shop called Luscious. Even though Harper used to help her run the business in the summers away from school, Harper is an artist that spends her life traveling and never staying in one place for very long. She makes plans to sell the business and her grandma's house. But while she is in the candy shop going through things, the old and faulty wiring cause a fire. Though Harper does her best to put it out, she ends up having to call the fire department. When they arrive she meets Aaron, and they get off on the wrong foot when Harper refuses to leave the burning building before finding her grandma's beloved candy molds. After the fire is out, Harper begins the process of trying to find someone to help her repair the building so that she can list it. When the contractor shows up, it is none other than the sexy firefighter Aaron. As they work together to repair the damage, they begin to get to know each other and stop fighting their attraction to one another. But can they possibly have a future together when Harper is determined to stick with her plan of selling Luscious and leaving town?

I really liked Aaron. He's a sexy firefighter who is good with his hands. He is laid back and does what he wants regardless of what others think that he should be doing. I loved that he didn't do what his family expected of him and went his own way. I also really loved how great of a guy he was with his friends and the family that he chose. He was really caring and would do whatever he could to help them out. He was just a really sweet guy, and I loved that when his family was giving him such a hard time about Harper that he was straight up honest with them and didn't try to cover it up. He knew they would give him a hard time, and he just laid it all out there. Harper had her moments where she was really likable, and then there were other times that she really irritated me. I thought that she was a bit rude and close minded. She seemed to have this attitude straight off and was not very easy to root for at first. I understand that she had been through a lot, but she just seemed to be a bit mean and she made some really dumb decisions right off. I couldn't believe how much she fought Aaron right away. But I came to like her as the story progressed and she started to let her guard down. Aaron really helped her open up and I thought that they were really great for one another. They had a lot of chemistry and were hot together, but they also had a connection that seemed to really grow and strengthen as the book went on.

Overall, this book was short and sweet. It was a great addition to the Line series from what I have read so far. I am so glad that we got Aaron's story after meeting him in Blake's book. I really love how all the characters interact, and that they have sort of made their own family. You could really tell just how much everyone cares for each other, and it was fun to watch them give each other a hard time out of love. This novella was really entertaining and I enjoyed the few hours I spent reading it. I look forward to going back and reading the first few stories in this series, and I know that I will enjoy them as much as I have enjoyed Aaron's and Blake's novellas. If you are a Contemporary Romance fan, I think that this series is one that you will really enjoy. These stories are written well, have likable characters, and are quick and enjoyable reads. I will look for more from Kimberly Kincaid in the future.

**ARC provided by Author**

Purchase: | Amazon |



0 comments :

Post a Comment