in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, March 31, 2014

ARC Review: Dazed by Kim Karr


Dazed is a novella from the Connections series by Kim Karr. This is Dahlia's best friend Aerie's story and is about her and River's cousin Jagger. Even though this short and sweet novella can be read as a standalone, I highly recommend starting at the beginning because this series is fantastic and also so that nothing is spoiled from the first two books. Trust me when I tell you that Kim Karr is an amazing writer and these books are absolute must reads. This series is one of my all time favorites and these characters are impossible not to become invested in and they will make you fall in love with them.

Aerie hasn't been looking for love or a relationship ever since her uncle's next door neighbor's son Levi used her and broke her heart years ago. She definitely wasn't expecting to find it in the form of the cupcake thief who just distracted her and stole her favorite cupcakes right out from underneath her nose. But when she heads to her friend Dahlia's house for dinner with them, she comes face to face with the hot cupcake thief who turns out to be River's cousin. Jagger is looking to get out of modeling and into acting, and he is also ready to leave behind his ex. Sparks instantly fly between him and Aerie, and he is determined to get her help for his upcoming audition as well as get her to agree to a date. Jagger and Aerie begin to date and things between them are unlike anything either of them have ever felt before. Soon they are falling head over heels for each other. But when Jagger's past and present collide, Aerie must decide if she can trust Jagger with her heart and her future or if she should cut and run. Jagger is determined not to lose Aerie though and sets out to prove that he will give up anything for her including his career.

I really loved Jagger. I loved the ease of his relationship with River and Dahlia. For only knowing each other such a short time, it seemed like he had known them forever. His addition to the family was so seamless and natural and I loved their scenes together. I loved how he was with Aerie though, especially how he called her Alice from the time they first met. He was so sweet and I loved how he got her to do things she normally didn't. It was great to see him push her out of her comfort zone. I also loved how down to earth and normal he was despite his career and upbringing. Aerie was great, but I knew that I would love her because she has always been one of my favorites since I first read Connected. She is such a great friend to Dahlia and I love how opposite they are. It was nice to get to know her better, and I loved her for all of her quirks. I loved that she was such a neat freak and had to have everything in its proper place, even when it wasn't her stuff or house. I also loved how she was afraid of the infinity staircase at River and Dahlia's and the way that Jagger helped her get over that was absolutely adorable! I really thought that Jagger and Aerie were perfect together and I loved that they just worked. There wasn't a lot of drama with them and I really liked that. I also thought that they were really hot together and had really strong chemistry. You could tell right from the first time they met how attracted to each other they were.

Overall, this was such a great addition to the Connected Series. I loved Jagger and Aerie, and I also loved getting to see more of River and Dahlia. I think that this series is by far one of the best that I have ever read and it just seems to impress me more with every story that I read. Kim Karr has such a fantastic writing style that pulls you in from the first page and leaves you satisfied yet wanting more. I love all these characters, and the way that she intertwines their lives is really fascinating. I can't wait to get more in this series, and I know that this is another one that I will read over and over. If you haven't read this series yet, you are really missing out. I think that there is something for everyone in these books, and they are definite must reads. Dazed was short, and if I have any complaints its just that I wanted more. I am a bit greedy, and I wasn't ready for the story to be over. I would have liked to have been given a bit more at the end because it felt a little abrupt to me. It didn't change the fact that I really enjoyed this story, but I was just left wanting a little extra. I am really looking forward to reading Mended which is River's brother Xander's story next as well as the rest of the series. I am a huge fan of Kim Karr at this point and can't wait to see where she takes us next.

**ARC provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N |




1 comments :