in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, March 15, 2014

ARC Review: Model Position by Kitsy Clare


Model Position by Kitsy Clare is short and sweet. I really enjoyed reading this story. The characters were likable and easy to become invested in. I thought the writing style was really great and it flowed really well. I was instantly sucked in with this story and read it in one sitting. It was exactly the break I needed from my day. I can't wait to read more from Kitsy Clare in the future.

Sienna is finishing her last few months in art school and is beginning to think about her future. She does computer art, but she has also just started painting. In one of her classes she meets Dave Hightower heir to the Hightower art gallery owned by his aunt. When he shows interest in her she agrees to go on a date with him and he says that he will introduce her to his aunt with the hope of getting her a solo art show. One day in class, a male model shows up that she instantly feels a connection to. Erik is extremely good looking, but he also is passionate about art and paints. The more time that Sienna spends with Erik, the more she feels that Dave is not right for her and that her feelings for Erik are strong. With such a connection to Erik, should Sienna take a chance on a relationship with him? Or will she choose the safe route and try to advance her career despite not having strong feelings for Dave?

I really liked Sienna. I loved that she was a bit quirky and had to have everything neat and ordered in her life. She made no apologies for it and it was just who she was. I also loved the fact that she was so honest and up front with everyone. She might not always know what she wanted or what to do, but she always said it when she figured it out. There are a lot of people who would hold back in order to help themselves advance but Sienna didn't and that was really refreshing, especially for her age. I was never really able to connect with Dave. I thought that he was shallow and pretty self-serving. He only seemed to be interested when there was something in it for him or when he had a chance at money or fame. I just didn't really see anything between him and Sienna either. I didn't think that they fit together or had any chemistry. Erik on the other hand I was instantly a fan of. He was sweet and sexy. He was not ashamed of who he was and he did what made him happy and provided for him. I liked that he was a self made man and worked to get what he wanted. He was really open as well as Sienna, and I think that is what made him so perfect for her. They just had a better fit and seemed to understand one another. I loved that they could talk about art and their passions even if they didn't feel the same way. Erik and Sienna not only had great chemistry but also had a really strong connection. They were just so real and believable.

Overall, I thought that this was a really good story. I liked the characters and thought that the secondary characters were great as well. They added a lot to the story. The main reason that I didn't give this one five stars was because of length. I felt like the story and ending was a bit rushed and I would have liked to have more. Even though I really did believe in the connection and relationship that was developing, it would have been nice to see more of them and their future. I just wasn't ready for it to be over, and it was such a short amount of time. But that was the only criticism that I had. I really enjoyed this one and it was a great quick and easy read. I highly recommend this story to fans of the New Adult genre as well as anyone looking for a short but great story. I look forward to reading more from Kitsy Clare in the future and can't wait to see what she writes next.

**ARC provided by Author**

Purchase:Amazon | B&N |



1 comments :