in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, March 27, 2014

ARC Review: Sweet Ruin by Nazarea Andrews


I am a huge fan of Nazarea Andrews and her University of Branton series. When I heard about a new book coming in this series, I couldn't wait to get my hands on it. I have loved all the characters so far, flaws and all, and I was really excited to meet some new ones. Sweet Ruin was different than any other New Adult book I have ever read in the fact that it is a menage book. I didn't know that at first, and honestly it was pretty unexpected. I was pleasantly surprised at how well it worked though, and I thought that Andrews did a beautiful job of making it work. I will admit menage is tricky for me. I usually find them extremely hot and steamy, but I am usually left feeling as though either someone is left out or that someone has stronger feelings for one person than the other. That wasn't the case with Sweet Ruin though. I thought that Luca, Asher, and Megan worked perfectly together and I loved their story.

Needing to get out of her small town and away from the shadow of her sister Nik, Megan heads to Hollywood to work for her uncle's PR firm. Her uncle gives her the job of being Asher's PA as he is the most difficult client to work with. Despite everything that Asher has going for him, he is actually miserable and hates the notoriety that his career has brought him. Megan lasts longer than anyone ever has with Asher before and the two grow closer. Asher wants Megan and even though Megan wants Asher as well, she refuses to allow anything to happen because she is determined to have a successful career without sleeping her way to the top. Ever since Megan moved to Hollywood, she has been best friends with Luca. Luca also wants Megan, but she won't let anything happen between them since he is used to having threesomes with his other best friend Sun. Megan thinks that Luca is in love with Sun and doesn't know that Luca is actually in love with her. When Asher needs a break, Megan decides to take him to her home town in order to talk to Atticus about the new role Asher is playing since Atticus is an expert on him. When Asher and Luca plot to get with Megan on the trip though, all bets are off. As Asher and Luca pursue her, they three of them become closer than ever with all of their feelings growing. But with Asher's career and Megan's ambitions, can the three of them make a relationship work?

I really liked Asher. He was sweet and down to earth. I liked how normal he was and wanted to be despite his career. I loved how he took on Luca and Megan and was the voice of reason when they needed it. He was willing to fight for their relationship regardless of what it could do to him if the knowledge got out and he wasn't willing to let fear or insecurities get in their way. Megan was ambitious and motivated because of everything that she had been through with her viper of a sister. I loved how she stood up to Nik and didn't let her past continue to define her. Megan was really great with both Asher and Luca, and I loved how she took care of Asher through all of his issues. Luca was really great as well. He was a hot model that wanted to also be an actor. I thought that he was a really great guy and it was nice to see him be so patient and understanding when it came to Megan. I liked seeing how the three of them grew and fell in love with each other. They were great together as a triad, but I also liked watching them fall in love separately as well. It was really nice to see Luca and Asher start to feel things for each other, especially since Asher had never been with another guy before. These three were really hot together, and I could feel the chemistry and attraction between them all. They were off the charts hot, and I thought that the steamy scenes were really well done.

Overall, this book was a really great addition to this series. It was nice to get to see some of the other characters from this series, especially Atti and Avery. I will admit that it was nice to see Dane, even if he was a bit of a jerk. My one criticism though is that I felt the ending of this book was really abrupt and felt way too rushed. It seems like they have just begun to all accept their new relationship as individuals without anyone else really knowing about them and the book is over. I really wanted to see them get back to Hollywood and sort of deal with their relationship in their world. It felt a bit easy in Branton where they are fairly sheltered, and I would have liked to have seen how they dealt with all the problems and people that they encountered with their daily life. I'm really hoping that maybe the reason for this book being ended the way it was is because the fourth book will be more of their story. Regardless, this story is really good and I thought that the relationship between the three of them was very real and believable. This series is one of my favorites, and I can't wait to get more. If you haven't read this series yet, you are really missing out. These books can all be read as standalones, but I really recommend reading them in order so that you get to know all the characters. Nazarea Andrews is a great writer, and I highly recommend her books, especially to New Adult fans.

**ARC provided by Inkslinger PR**

Purchase: Amazon | Kindle | B&N | The Book Depository |




0 comments :

Post a Comment