in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

ARC Review: Love on the Line by Pamela Aares


I will admit that I am a huge fan of sports romance stories, so I jumped at the chance to read Love on the Line by Pamela Aares. This one has been getting great reviews, and sounded like it was one that would be spot on for me. I have to say though that I struggled with this one a bit. The story was good and well written, but for some reason this one was hard for me to get through. It didn't hold my interest, and I kept setting it down or wanting to skip ahead. I also didn't really ever warm up to the heroine and I just didn't connect with her or the hero. I think this one just wasn't for me.

Cara has been living in the small town of Albion Bay. She drives the school bus for the kids, and helps out with the canning for the local food bank. The members of the town accepted her as a stranger and welcomed her as a friend. None of them know however that she is the heiress Caroline Barrington and is worth millions. When Ryan Rea, All-Star baseball player, shows up in town everyone is interested to get to know him better. Cara and Ryan are instantly attracted to one another, but Cara is determined to keep him at arm's length. Ryan however is determined to have her and will stop at nothing to convince her to give him a shot. Ryan and Cara get to know each other and their connection continues to get stronger. But with Cara's secret still between them, as well as a position with her family's business, can they possibly have a shot at a future? What happens when Ryan finds out who she really is and that she hadn't told him the truth the entire time they have known each other?

I liked Ryan. He was sweet and determined. I liked that he didn't ever give up on Cara. He was always trying to think of ways to get Cara to give him a shot, and he went out of his way to do things that she was involved in. I honestly wasn't sure why he kept trying so hard with her though after she repeatedly turned him down and was pretty cold with him. I didn't see the connection between them for the longest time and it didn't really make sense to me. Cara was a character that I just never warmed up to. There wasn't anything wrong with her, and I didn't dislike her. I guess I was just sort of ho-hum when it came to her. I thought that she was kind of cold and unattached with Ryan, and I didn't really see anything deep developing between them at first. They had some attraction between them, but to me it just wasn't that strong and undeniable connection the draws you in and won't let go. This one was pretty light on the physical action, and that could have been part of my problem with it. I just didn't feel anything intense between them, and couldn't really see where they had really fallen in love with each other.

There were some cute parts in this story, and there were some things that I really liked. I thought it was really unique and kind of adorable that Ryan was building a haven for donkeys and that he was so dedicated to helping them out. But Overall, I think that this story is just one that didn't work for me. Looking at the ratings, I am clearly in the minority. This book was well written, and I didn't mind the writing style. I just personally didn't ever get into the story or get behind the characters. I think that if you are a fan of contemporary romance or sports romance you might give this one a shot. Sometimes books just don't click with everyone, and I think that was the case here for me.

**ARC Provided by IndieSage PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N |





0 comments :

Post a Comment