in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, June 16, 2014

ARC Review: Making Waves by Ophelia London


Making Waves is a short novella in Ophelia London's Perfect Kisses series, but it can be read as a standalone. This one was short and sweet, and everything that you would expect from a Bliss story. I liked this one and it was a great light and easy read that would be perfect at the beach or by the pool. I will say that this one felt a bit like a new adult read to me, and that even though it was a contemporary it had a younger feel to me. Justine heads to Hawaii to visit her friends on a much needed vacation. She used to love the water but after a tragic accident, she hasn't been able to go near it. She is also still hurting from losing Will, the sweet nerdy guy who left her and broke her heart. While in Hawaii she goes to cover a surfing competition in which Chase Ryder the famous surfer has come out of retirement to compete in. When she tries to get a story from him, she realizes that Chase is none other than Will, the guy who broker her heart. Seeing each other brings all their feelings back. Can they move forward together, or will there be too many obstacles for them to overcome?

I liked both Will and Justine. I thought that they were both sweet and easy to like. Will had made a bad decision in leaving Justine, but after finding out why it was a lot easier to understand. He was trying to do what he thought was best for her. He was a really good guy and he was so patient and kind with Justine. Justine was vulnerable and was scared after losing someone close to her. She was really struggling and Will was able to help her and ease her back into the life she loved. I thought that they had a lot of chemistry and they had a natural ease to their relationship. They just fit well together and I thought that they made a great couple.

Overall this novella was a good read, and I enjoyed it. Because of the length I felt like this one didn't really get into much of the relationship between Will and Justine and I would have liked to have seen more about how things turned out after the end of this one. I wish there would have been either an epilogue or maybe a few more chapters. But I think that the ending was still satisfying for the most part. I also felt like this one was a bit predictable and there wasn't really anything new or different about this one. I would recommend this one to those looking for a sweet and fun read though, especially if you are looking for something a bit shorter. I really like Ophelia London's writing style, and I will read more from her in the future.

**ARC Provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N |





1 comments :

  1. I read one book in this series and enjoyed it. I've been so busy lately that novella length stories have their appeal. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete