in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Review: Just Us by Riley J. Ford


Just Us is the first book in Riley J. Ford's Just Series, but can be read as a standalone. While Avery's story does continue in the second book Just You, the reader is not left with a huge cliffhanger at the end of this book and can easily be read separately. I had never read anything by Riley J. Ford before this book, but I really liked this story a lot! I thought that Ford's writing style was engaging and I didn't want to put this one down. It was well written, and the characters were great. I can't wait to read more from Ford in the future, starting with Just You.

Avery Hill and Hayden Stuart work together and go to the same school. They have been best friends for a long time but when there is a dance at school they find their relationship changing. Soon they are dating one another, and falling in love for the first time. Hayden and Avery might be their first loves and high school sweethearts, but they begin to make plans for their future. When Hayden gets accepted to college in Los Angeles, they agree that Avery will follow as soon as she can and begin their life together. They plan to finish school, get married and start a family together. But when tragedy strikes them, their plans are forever ruined. Now Avery must figure out how to move forward with her life knowing that things will never be the same.

I loved Avery and Hayden. They were both so sweet and loving. They truly cared about one another, and you could tell that their feelings for each other were so real. They saw the best in one another and were truly committed to each other. Hayden was smart and loyal, and I loved that he was such a good friend and boyfriend. Avery was easy to like and relate to, and I thought that she was great. She always wanted what was best for Hayden, and was really supportive of him. I loved how patient they were with each other. They took things slow and let their relationship evolve naturally. I liked that they didn't rush to sleep together, and that what they shared meant something to them. Their relationship was exactly what a true first love should be, and I couldn't help but fall in love right along with them.

This book definitely brought out all the feels though, and I would definitely recommend having some tissues on hand when reading this one. While this story did have me crying, it was heart breaking but beautiful. My heart aches for the characters in this book, and I hope that they find some happiness and peace in the next book. I won't spoil what happens, but after reading this book trust me you will want to pick up the next one immediately. This one was short and easy to get into and I couldn't put it down. I really liked this story, and it is one that will stick with me. I can't wait to read the next one and see what the future has in store for these characters. I will absolutely be looking for more from Riley J. Ford in the future and would recommend this book to anyone looking for a story about a first love and the kind of love that lasts forever.

**Review Copy Provided by Literati Author Services**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N |





1 comments :

  1. What a wonderful review! I'm so happy that you liked JUST US. It was written from a real-life experience. All of the emotions in the book are real. Thank you for taking the time to read and review the book, and I hope you enjoy JUST YOU!

    I love your blog, by the way. :)

    Have a great day! xo

    ReplyDelete