in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

ARC Review: What If by Rebecca Donovan


What If is the first book I have ever read by Rebecca Donovan, and I was absolutely blown away. This book was so good, and I could not put this one down. The blurb really drew me in and I was pleased to find out that the book lived up to all my expectations and more. This one was so smart and well done, that I really can't say enough good things about it.

Cal Logan is shocked when he sees his childhood crush and one of his best friends in a coffee shop on the other side of the country. No one has seen or heard from Nicole Bentley since graduation, but she is sitting there right in front of him. Only the girl in front of him isn't Nicole but rather Nyelle Preston. Cal finds himself drawn to Nyelle and begins to look for her everywhere he goes, but Nyelle remains a huge mystery to him. Nyelle is nothing like the Nicole he once knew, and yet the more they run into each other the more that Cal is convinced that they are the same person. But Nyelle has secrets that she refuses to share, and Cal is afraid that questioning her will only make her run from him. When Cal's past and present collide and truths are revealed, everyone involved quickly realizes that nothing will ever be the same.

I really loved Cal. He was sweet and caring, and I loved how he was the entire way through this story. He was a great friend, and he was not judgmental or pushy at all. He was able to be spontaneous and have a good time doing whatever Nyelle came up with. I loved that he was always there for her in the way she needed without her ever having to say anything or ask him. He was amazing, and it was clear why any girl would want to be with him. Nyelle was so confusing to me. I loved her spirit and her ability to just do what she wanted and live life to the fullest. You could tell that she had secrets and pain from her past, but she was so determined. I liked that she started to let Cal in, and I really enjoyed watching these two get to know one another. They had chemistry and attraction right from the start, but I loved that it was a slow burn and happened so naturally.

Overall, this story was amazing. I loved it and I never knew what was really going on or what the big twists and secrets were. This one kept me guessing the whole way through, and I loved not knowing what to expect next. I can't say much on the actual story because I don't want to give anything away. Trust me you need to go into this one blind to really get the full experience, and you will not be disappointed when you finish. Looking back on the story now, Rebecca Donovan did a fantastic job of weaving this entire story together in a way that drops clues and makes sense once you know everything, but that keeps you engaged and curious the whole way through. I honestly can't wait to go back and read this again now that I know everything, because I think it will be such a different experience. If you are looking for a New Adult book that offers something completely different from anything else out there, you definitely don't want to miss out on this one. I look forward to reading more from Rebecca Donovan in the future, and can't wait to see what she comes up with next.

**ARC Provided by Forever (Grand Central Publishing)**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N | Book Depository |





0 comments :

Post a Comment