Roni wrote her first romance novel at age fifteen when she discovered writing about boys was way easier than actually talking to them. Since then, her flirting skills haven’t improved, but she likes to think her storytelling ability has. If she’s not working on her latest sexy story, you can find her reading, watching reality television, or indulging in her unhealthy addiction to rockstars, er, rock concerts. Yeah, that's it. She is the National Bestselling Author of The Loving on the Edge series from Berkley Heat.
Places to find Roni:
The NOT UNTIL YOU Playlist
I rarely ever write in silence. Silence feels like pressure to be serious. So I usually have something playing in the background. Some days I’m easily distracted and have to listen to instrumental stuff—usually movie scores—while I write so that I don’t end up singing along with the music while I’m trying to get work done. But when writing is going well, I’ll often turn to my own playlists and some of the curated playlists on Spotify to keep me company.
I find music often inspires scenes or characters or makes me think about something I’m writing in a different life. (And if you look at a lot of my book titles, you’ll see I’ve taken a lot of inspiration from song titles as well.) Also, sometimes I’ll be in the middle of a book, and a song I’ve heard a million times will come on and I’m like—this song was totally written for these characters! So I started making playlists for each book to keep a record of what I was listening to when I created it.
And today I thought I’d share some that I used while writing NOT UNTIL YOU.
1. “Angel” by Aerosmith – So this is one of those Aerosmith songs that no matter when it comes on, I have to stop and sing along (usually with dramatic hand motions). And for this book, it made me think of Cela and Foster because that’s his nickname for her—Angel.
2. “What the Hell” by Avril Lavigne and “Perfect” by Alanis Morrissette – These two make me think of the heroine, Cela. She’s young and has been the obedient daughter all of her life. Her journey in this book is very much about her breaking free of family pressures and finding her own place in the world.
3. “Walk of Shame” by P!nk – So I LOVE this song. Who are we kidding? It’s P!nk. I love all of her songs. But this one made me think of a certain scene in Not Until You when Cela is waking up to the consequences of what happened the night before.
4. “On My Own” from Les Miserables – So I will admit to using this song during my angst-filled teen years when I liked a boy who didn’t know I existed. So when a scene came up in the book where Cela sings to Foster through a wall they share (they’re neighbors), I imagined her singing this one.
5. “Closer” by Tegan and Sara – This is just such a fun, upbeat song and totally fits Cela and Foster’s romance.
So that’s my list and now “Closer” will be in my head for the rest of the day. What song keeps getting stuck in your head? And do you have songs that make you think of certain books?
Cela knows how to be good. She’s had a lifetime of practice. But on the night of her college graduation, she decides she’s earned one wild night before she has to move back home to her overprotective family. So when the hot neighbor she’s been quietly fantasizing about for a year suggests a game of Never Have I Ever, she’s ready. But what starts out as a simple game takes an unexpected turn. Because Ian Foster doesn’t play games he can’t win.
Foster knows his desires aren’t for the faint of heart, especially not for someone as sweet and innocent as his pretty neighbor. But when Cela shows up at his door with an invitation that surprises him, he can’t resist indulging. Cela has no idea what she’s in for. The secret dark side of this man’s need will both intrigue and terrify her. But Cela has a secret of her own—and a new game to see just how far they’re both willing to go, and how much they’re willing to risk by crossing every boundary of desire.
Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | Kobo | iTunes |
Check out the Loving on the Edge series:
Check out what's up for grabs.
- 1 Signed Set of the Loving On the Edge Series
- What song keeps getting stuck in your head? And do you have songs that make you think of certain books?
- If winner resides outside of US, an Amazon card will be sent instead.
- Please fill out the Rafflecopter form.
Special thanks to Roni Loren sponsoring this tour-wide giveaway.a Rafflecopter giveaway