in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, December 11, 2014

ARC Review: Forked by Melanie Harlow


I have been excited to read Forked since I first heard about it. I really loved Frenched and couldn't wait to get more of Melanie Harlow's writing. I thought that Forked was a great addition to this series, and everything that I had loved about the first book was present in this one too. It was funny and sexy, and thoroughly entertaining. I am becoming a huge fan of Melanie Harlow's and I honestly can't wait to see what she comes up with next!

Coco Thomas wants to get out of her parent's house and buy one for herself without anyone else's help. Unfortunately the house she wants is way out of her price range. When her best friend Mia offers to let her have all the commissions for herself while Mia is preparing to get married, Coco jumps at the chance to help plan an engagement party for a spoiled mafia princess. But when the princess orders Coco to secure the hot celebrity chef Nick Lupo, Coco starts to regret her choice to take the new client on. Nick Lupo broke her heart years ago and the last thing Coco wants is to see him again. But with her dream house on the line, Coco sets out to get his help. Nick agrees to help Coco as long as she spends the weekend with him, but he is determined to right the wrongs he made years ago. While the attraction and feelings between him and Coco are as strong as ever, Nick will have a long way to go in order to earn her trust back.

I really liked Nick and Coco together. These two were fun and flirty, and I loved the tension between them. They had a history together, and the love between them was clear. They had both made mistakes, but they were so young that it was understandable. Their main problems were communication and the fact that they both acted a bit impulsively. But I never questioned their feelings for one another. I thought that it was great to see them find their way back to one another though and I was glad to see that Coco made him work for it a bit. While the sex between them was hot and proved that things between them could be great, they both had a lot of feelings and past regrets to deal with. I will say that Coco was a bit childish at times though, and she acted immaturely several times. I wanted to smack her and tell her to act like the adult she wanted others to treat her as. But she eventually figured things out with the help of her best friends, and I was glad to see that her relationship with Nick was worth the risk.

Overall, I thought that this story was enjoyable and I had a great time reading it. Melanie Harlow is a fantastic writer and always brings out strong emotions with her great characters and story lines. I really enjoy her books and they always have me laughing while also bringing the emotions and steam. I am really loving this series, and I think that each couple is unique and impossible not to fall in love with. I honestly can't wait for more in this series, and I know that each book will be one that I enjoy. I have to say though that I am really excited to read her book Speak Easy. I don't normally read much in the historical genre, but the characters are familiar to readers of Forked and I find the concept for this book fascinating! I can't wait to get Tiny and Joey's story, and I think this one will be just as fun as Forked and Frenched were after hearing about Tiny and Joey in this book! I definitely recommend this series and you can read these as standalones, but I absolutely recommend starting at the beginning because you won't want to miss any of these books!

**ARC Provided by Truly Schmexy PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | Book Depository |





0 comments :

Post a Comment