in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, December 8, 2014

ARC Review: Royal Blood by Amity Cross


Royal Blood is the first book in a new series by Amity Cross and I really liked this book. I will tell you that this book is intense. The warnings should not be taken lightly, and if you are looking for a hearts and flowers type of book this one isn't for you. I would also recommend not going into this one expecting your typical MC book, because this one isn't like that at all. But if you are looking for something darker and more twisted and gritty, I would definitely give this one a shot.

Mercy Reid was looking for a place to get lost, and she thought that she had found the perfect spot. But when she meets the sexy and mysterious X, she quickly begins to see that she is right in the middle of the last place she should be. X wants out of Royal Blood, and this final job is supposed to be his ticket. He knows that Mercy is hiding something, but she isn't offering any information. As the two of them begin to give into the attraction between them, things start to get confusing for both of them. Soon X and Mercy realize that there is only one way things can go between them, and that they might not make it out.

Mercy and X were both really complex and messed up characters. I loved reading about them because I found them both fascinating. Xavier "X" Blood was such a complicated guy, and he only knew one way of doing things, his. But as he got to know Mercy more, it was clear that he had so much more to him beneath the surface. Mercy was just as messed up as X was, but I really loved how kick ass she was. She wasn't afraid to speak her mind, and I loved her smart mouth. She reminded me a bit of myself in that way, only she was darker than I am. But she definitely wasn't afraid to stand up for herself, and it was clear that she had been through a lot. I loved that each of these characters were flawed and broken, and it was so obvious that they were meant to meet and be together. They connected physically and it was really hot, but they were also very similar in that they had been made into the people they were now. They had both been through a ton and because of that, they had learned to accept and embrace their dark sides.

Overall, I thought that this book was great. I was never bored, and I didn't want to put this one down. I loved reading about Mercy and X, and everything they were facing. These two were interesting and I couldn't get enough of them struggling with their circumstances. Both of them had difficult choices to make and were in unfamiliar territory, and I couldn't help but want more of them. Their story is far from over, and I honestly can't wait to see what happens next. I thought that the ending was fantastic, and I really loved the fact that we got so much information in this book. We still have questions and enough left unsaid to want more, but we also were given enough of the facts and details to really get into the story. I found that refreshing, and it made me want to read the rest of the series even more. Amity Cross did a great job with this one, and I will definitely be waiting for the rest of this series. I can't wait to get more of X and Mercy and to see what Amity Cross does in the future.

**ARC Provided by Give Me Books**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N |





0 comments :

Post a Comment