in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Review: Consensual by Livia Jamerlan


I have to admit that when I started Consensual, I was hoping for the best but didn't really know what to expect. This is my first book by Livia Jamerlan and I had really nothing to go on besides the cover and blurb. I have to say though that this book was so much better than I had hoped for! I was invested right away and couldn't put it down! I can't believe that I had no idea who Livia Jamerlan was before, but I will definitely be keeping an eye out for books from her in the future. I will warn you that Consensual is a part of a series and each book ends with a cliffhanger, so you do need to read these in order. Luckily book two is already out, and book three releases soon as well. 

Having overcome a horrible childhood with the help of her older sister, Braelynn Wolf focuses on her school and her future. When she wins a prestigious internship, she goes out with friends to celebrate and ends up meeting the sexy Peyton Haas. Though there is an instant attraction between them, things quickly get complicated when Braelynn finds out that Peyton is a defense attorney on a current case she is working on. But Peyton and Braelynn find themselves unable to stay away from one another, and soon they are lying to those around them to hide their relationship. Will Peyton and Braelynn be able to keep their relationship secret until their case is over, or will it ruin her future career in the process?

I really liked both Peyton and Braelynn. Peyton was sexy and alpha, and he didn't take no for an answer. He was cocky at times, and there were things that he would do or say that were infuriating. But he was also really great and had these moments that were so sweet and caring. I could just how unusual it was for him to want more from a woman than a single night, so it was kind of nice to see him struggle a bit with his new feelings. Livia Jamerlan did a great job showing how hard he was falling for Braelynn, and I loved it all. Braelynn was strong and independent, and I loved that she was a fighter. She didn't give up on what she believed in and I was so glad that she was able to take a painful past and want to do more for others. I liked seeing her let Peyton in though, and I was glad that she didn't make things easy on him. She made him work for it, and it was nice to see a heroine that could submit when she wanted but wasn't a complete doormat. These two were beyond hot, and the chemistry between them was off the charts! But I really liked seeing them build an emotional connection as well.

Overall, I really loved this book. It took me completely by surprise, and left me wanting more. I loved Peyton and Braelynn, but I loved the other characters as well. I really enjoyed Braelynn's friends, and I cannot wait to see more of all these characters throughout the rest of the series. I know that there are so many books out there and that a lot of people tend to stay away from cliffhangers if they can. But I am so glad that I read this book, and even though I hate waiting I really don't mind this time. Livia Jamerlan has written an excellent story here, and I honestly cannot wait to find out what happens next. If you like sexy romance with alpha heroes and strong heroines, I would definitely recommend giving this book a shot. I will absolutely be reading Coherent as soon as I can, and I am look forward to seeing what Livia Jamerlan comes up with in the future.

**Review Copy Provided by Book Empire Promotions**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle





0 comments :

Post a Comment