in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, February 27, 2015

Review: Resist by Lilly Avalon


Resist is the first book in Lilly Avalon's Resist series, and this story is novella length. At around 68 pages, I knew this one would be a quick read and I was looking forward to meeting the characters and setting up their story. The story starts with Allegra setting out on a mission to have a one night stand. She is focused on her career and knows that she doesn't have the ability to have a normal relationship, but she is tired of being alone and wants some companionship. When she attends a company dinner she runs into Devlin and is still as attracted to him as ever, despite a bad experience with him a year ago. She wants nothing to do with him, but Devlin isn't willing to let her avoid him and is determined to be the one that she turns to for her night of passion. As the two finally give in to the tension between them, they set out to make the most of their night together. But soon they are both wondering if one night will be enough for them after how well they seem to fit together. 

Since this is a novella, we really just get to scratch the surface with Allegra and Devlin. Allegra is smart and successful, and not afraid to go after what she wants. I liked that she was open and honest with herself and her desires. Devlin was sexy and sweet, and I liked how honest he was as well. These two had started off roughly, and yet when it came down to it they found out that things were actually a complete misunderstanding. They were hot and sexy together, and I thought that it could not have been more steamy. I really enjoyed the sex scenes, and Lilly Avalon wrote them brilliantly. These two had so much chemistry, but it was clear that they could have more between them as well. With this being their one night together we don't get to see much of an emotional connection yet, but the potential is definitely there and I cannot wait to see how things go from here. 

I will say that I didn't fully understand the misunderstanding between them, and I wish that had been made more clear. The past is alluded to a few times, but it was never really fully explained. From what I could gather, Allegra and Devlin had met previously and had chemistry but then she saw him apparently kissing another girl. What I didn't understand was why she was so upset considering they weren't together and hadn't done anything or talked about a relationship. So to me, I didn't quite get what her deal was and why she reacted so badly. Again, it wasn't really clear, so I could have missed something. I would have liked it to have been explained better regardless. But other than that, I really loved this story. I thought that Allegra and Devlin were really interesting, and I am definitely looking forward to reading more about them. I think that this series is worth giving a shot, and I can't wait to see Allegra and Devlin as they explore the feelings between them.

**Review Copy Provided by Author**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N





0 comments :

Post a Comment