ANNA CAMPBELL has written ten multi award-winning historical romances for Grand Central Publishing and Avon HarperCollins and her work is published in sixteen languages. Anna is currently engaged in writing the "Sons of Sin" series, which started in 2012 with SEVEN NIGHTS IN A ROGUE’S BED. Look out for book 4, A SCOUNDREL BY MOONLIGHT, in April 2015. Anna lives on the beautiful east coast of Australia where she writes full-time.
Hi romance mavens! Hi Dani! Thanks so much for having me on your blog today. I always enjoy your events – you come up with the most creative themes!
With this particular theme, I feel like a bit of a fraud. I had to ask Dani to explain what a hall pass was! We don’t really use the term in Australia – or not as far as I’m aware. Anyway, she said it’s picking a few book boyfriends – and I’m always more than happy to do that!
Except it’s hard to stick to just five. So I thought I’d go with four relatively recent book boyfriends and one who comes a bit out of left field. And I’ve stuck to good guys – I love reading about those wild bad boys, but if I’m allowing some man to stamp all over my corridors, I want him to have some manners!
1. Brooks Gleason from THE WITNESS by Nora Roberts (noraroberts.com). I’ve been on a major Nora kick for the last year and I think my favorite book out of all that reading is her romantic suspense from 2012, THE WITNESS. Brooks is the police chief of a small town in the Ozarks and he’s a classic Nora Roberts hero. A man of courage and strong principles who is capable of reading between the lines to find the truth and who is prepared to take on the challenge of an unconventional heroine. Elizabeth, the heroine, has really compelling reasons not to get involved with any man – but Brooks proves irresistible, to her and to the reader.
2. Asim, Sultan of Jazeer, from THE SULTAN’S HAREM BRIDE by Annie West (www.annie-west.com). I love all Annie West’s heroes. She can write a man who’s a straight arrow and still make him edgy and sexy, quite a feat. Her January 2015 release is the first of a duo about royals seeking their perfect match; the other is THE SHEIKH’S PRINCESS BRIDE. The all-powerful ruler of his desert kingdom, Asim takes his responsibilities seriously, and one of those responsibilities is choosing the ideal queen, well-bred, quiet, obedient. The problem is he finds himself increasingly attracted to Aussie Jacqui Fletcher who is none of those things, but who excites him as no other woman ever has. I love a guy who finds himself pulled off course when he falls in love, and that’s the gorgeous Asim in spades.
3. David Ferris from LICK by Kylie Scott (kylie-scott.com). I’m not alone in falling madly in love with the broodingly sexy guitarist from the Stage Dive series. While he might look like a bad boy on the outside (and he’s definitely got the zing of a bad boy), David is just lovely, sweet and romantic and really intriguing. I dare you not to fall in love with him as he falls in love with unlikely heroine Evelyn.
4. Here’s my left-field one – Ramses from the Amelia Peabody series by Elizabeth Peters (http://www.mpmbooks.com/). This marvelous series of 19 historical mysteries with big dollops of romance started publishing in 1975 with CROCODILE ON THE SANDBANK, the story of how Ramses’ parents met and married. Ramses is basically gorgeous and ever so slightly superhuman. He’s so clever and so adept at derring-do and so passionate. He starts out as an eccentric but very endearing child and grows into a true hero who hides a deep well of emotional vulnerability behind a careless, aristocratic façade. He’s a man of action and a brilliant scholar and a steadfast, if tormented lover. Pretty much the guy I want wandering my hallways!
5. My last one was my book crush for the first half of last year when I wrote A SCOUNDREL BY MOONLIGHT. Falling in love with our heroes is an occupational hazard, but I must say I tumbled hard for James Fairbrother, the Marquess of Leath, He’s another straight as an arrow guy, despite the title and what awful things our heroine believes of him when they meet. I love stories about honor versus desire, they always offer such turbulent, powerful emotions. James has every reason not to fall in love with mysterious housemaid Nell Trim, but that of course doesn’t stop him. I adore how Leath surrenders so wholeheartedly to his grand passion (eventually), despite the way it risks everything he’s ever worked toward achieving. You can read an excerpt on my website here.
So there’s my five book boyfriends. Now for the good news – one lucky winner, international, will get to meet Leath when he’s published on 28th April. That lucky winner also gets to choose one of the other books I’ve listed (although Ramses isn’t in CROCODILE ON THE SANDBANK, it’s the first in the series, so that’s what I’m offering as a prize). Please mention when you comment, which book you’d like to win along with A SCOUNDREL BY MOONLIGHT.
Just tell me your favorite nice guy hero and you’ll go in the draw!
Amazon - B&N
Amazon - B&N
Amazon - B&N
Amazon - B&N
Amazon - B&N
Anything can happen in the moonlight...
Justice. That's all Nell Trim wants - for her sister and for the countless other young women the Marquess of Leath has ruined with his wildly seductive ways. Now she has a bold plan to take him down... as long as she can resist the scoundrel's temptations herself.
From the moment Nell meets James Fairbrother, the air positively sizzles. Yet for all his size and power, there's something amazingly tender in his touch. Could he really be such a depraved rogue? The only way to find out is to beat the devil at his own game... one tempting kiss at a time.
Check out the Sons of Sin series:
Check out what's up for grabs.
Up For Grabs:
- 1 Print copy of A Scoundrel by Moonlight + print copy of Book of Choice from Hall Pass List
- Just tell me your favorite nice guy hero and you’ll go in the draw!
- Please leave your book choice and email address along with your comment to be entered into the giveaway.
**Don't forget to enter the grand prize giveaway!
Special thanks to Anna Campbell for sponsoring this giveaway.