in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

ARC Review: Catching Cassidy by Melissa Foster


I have been a fan of Melissa Foster's since I started reading her Love in Bloom series. She always delivers a solid and enjoyable contemporary romance with unique and likable characters. When I heard she was writing a NA series, I have to admit I got really excited. I am such a NA junkie that I couldn't wait to see her take on the genre. I have to say that while I have loved previous books I have read by her, Catching Cassidy is by far my absolute favorite of hers to date! This book was great and it was impossible to put down! 

Wyatt Armstrong and Cassidy Lowell have been best friends since they were kids. When Cassidy finds out that her boyfriend of 2 years has been cheating on her she leans on Wyatt for support. But things quickly go from bad to worse when Wyatt's parents are suddenly killed in a car accident. Cassidy's parents have never really been around, and she always felt as though Wyatt's parents were more hers than her own were. Needing to get away for the summer, Wyatt and Cassidy head to the Armstrong's beach house with Wyatt's sister Delilah where they can spend time with their friends and figure out what comes next. But as Wyatt and Cassidy figure out what happens next, they also begin to realize that their feelings for one another are changing. They have always been best friends and have loved one another, but can they take the risk of having more with the chance that it could destroy everything? 

I really loved Wyatt and Cassidy. These two were perfect for one another, and I loved their friendship. They had such a natural ease with one another that you don't often see. It was rare and beautiful, and I really liked that these two knew each other better than anyone else. Wyatt was such a rock for Cassidy and Delilah, and I loved how protective he was of them. He worried about others before himself, and you could tell that at times he really had the weight of the world on his shoulders. But Cassidy was always there for him the way he was for her, and you could tell that she was exactly what he needed. He could let himself go with her in a way that he couldn't with anyone else, and I liked seeing him let her see things that he didn't allow anyone else to. These two understood one another, and the friendship and support they had made for a solid foundation for more between them. They also had great chemisty that only got stronger as their story continued. It was great seeing the tension between them build over the course of this book while they transitioned from friends to more.  
Overall, this was a fantastic start to Melissa Foster's Harborside Nights series and I cannot wait for more. I loved Cassidy and Wyatt, but I also loved their entire group of friends! This group had such a great camaraderie and you could tell that they were all there for one another through thick and thin. I loved seeing them all together, and I am so excited to get to know them all better! I also love that while this book and some of the others in the series are M/F, that she is also doing a F/F as well as a couple of M/M. I am very interested to see how she tackles those stories, and I know that if they are anything like Catching Cassidy that they are going to be amazing. I have to say that I am most excited about Tristan and Brandon's stories. I can already tell that these two are going to be some of my favorites. If you are a NA fan, I would highly recommend checking this book out! I think that Melissa's contemporary fans will also enjoy this one, but this is a must read for those that enjoy the NA genre. I can't wait for the next book in this series to see Delilah's story!

**ARC Provided by Tasty Book Tours**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iBooks






2 comments :

  1. Thank you for hosting CATCHING CASSIDY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm so excited for you to read their book too! I love hearing from readers and you brought a smile to my face. Thank you for your amazing review!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete