in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, May 8, 2015

ARC Review: Holding You by Kelly Elliott


Holding You is the third book in the Love Wanted in Texas Series by Kelly Elliott, which is a spin-off of her Wanted Series. Each book can be read as a standalone, but the characters are interconnected. I couldn't wait to read this book, because I really liked Colt and Lauren and wanted to know more about them. This book was super sweet and romantic, and I enjoyed it a lot. 

For as long as she can remember, Lauren Reynolds wanted to run her father's business and she wanted to be with Colt Matthews. But when her father brought Colt in to help run the business, Lauren tried to push him away. The more hurt she felt, the more they fought and argued. But when Lauren and Colt find themselves at their friend's wedding, everything between them changes and they decide to give things between them a chance. Colt and Lauren quickly realize that they are even better together than they never imagined. But when something happens that they never expected, will their life together be over before it really got started? 

I really liked Colt and Lauren. These two were meant to be together, and were made for each other. I loved that they had been so close as kids, and that they had always wanted each other. They might have dated others, but they knew who they wanted to end up with and planned on being with forever. These two were beyond sweet, and I loved how easy they made the transition to more. They decided to be together, and they were. There was no extra drama or cheating, they just made it work. Colt was such a great guy, and he definitely brought the swoon. When he was talking to Lauren, it was always so adorable. (unless they were having sex, and then he was dirty in the best way!) Lauren was great also. She was strong and independent, and I liked her drive. She wanted to run her father's business, and she was determined to make it happen. These two brought out the best in each other, and their connection was undeniable. They were also smoking hot together, with a chemistry between them that is rare. 

Overall, I really enjoyed this story. Kelly Elliott delivered a solid romance story with Holding You, that was sweet and sexy. This one was really just a great read that I found myself lost in. I enjoyed the fact that there wasn't a ton of angst or drama here. There was something that happened that changed things for these two and threatened everything that they were building together, but I was glad that it wasn't the typical conflict you see in romance stories. I will say that this one is so sweet it does border on the side of cheesy at times, so if that isn't something you care for this might not be for you. But I found it refreshing when so often you either get dark and twisted or angsty with romance anymore. Don't get me wrong, I love those books too. But sometimes I just want something light and fluffy where I can get lost in the sweetness. I highly recommend this series, and this one was one of my favorites. I honestly can't wait for Grace and Noah's story next, which is scheduled to release in September of 2015.

**ARC Provided by Inkslinger PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iBooks |





0 comments :

Post a Comment