in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, March 14, 2016

ARC Review: Chaos by C.A. Harms


Chaos is the second book in the Phoenix Undercover series from C.A. Harms. This book is not a standalone as it continues the story of Josh and Gabby from where the first book, Lies, left off. I have been waiting for this book since I finished Lies, and I couldn't wait to see what would happen after that cliffhanger! It was so good to see more of these characters and I can't wait for book three now! 

Joshua Phoenix was used to being an undercover agent and had no problems living the life until he met Gabby. So when a case he is working forces him to not only go into hiding, but to let all those he loves believe that he is dead, he struggles with his life continuing on without him as though he doesn't exist. He knows that he needs to protect Gabby and those he loves, so he does what he has to do. But when Gabby's life is threatened and no one seems to be making any progress, Josh scrambles to find answers before it is too late, especially when someone they all trust could be responsible for everything. Can Josh figure out who to trust and what is going on, or will he lost the woman he loves? 

I really loved Josh and Gabby in the first book, and I loved them here as well. There was so much going on in this book, and my heart broke for them! They had already been through so much, and the hits just kept coming here. Both Gabby and Josh were feeling so much, that it was easy to see how sometimes their actions were more from an emotional place than a logical one. Especially when it came to Josh. I felt so badly for them both, and yet at times I wanted to shake them, Josh especially. But the love that they shared was so strong, and I knew that if anyone could find a way through it would be these two. The chemistry between them was as strong here as it was in the first book, but there was so much more of an emotional connection here. I really enjoyed seeing that and how far these two had come. 

Overall, I enjoyed this one a lot and I already can't wait for more! I loved Josh and Gabby, but I really came to love Josh's friends and Gabby's sisters here. I loved the roles they played in this book, and I honestly hope we get more of all of them! C.A. Harms is such a fantastic writer, and she always makes the reader fall in love with not only the hero and heroine, but the secondary characters as well. I know with each book I read from her that I will be drawn in right away and that I won't be able to put the book down until I have read the last word. Chaos was really great and even though there isn't a huge cliffhanger here, things are definitely left open ended. I look forward to reading more about these characters and whatever else C.A. Harms writes next. If you haven't read anything from Harms, I highly recommend her books! I have loved everything I have read from C.A. Harms, but the Phoenix Undercover series is shaping up to be one of my favorites from her yet!

**ARC Provided by More Than Words Promotions**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | 





0 comments :

Post a Comment