in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, March 26, 2016

ARC Review: Ginger's Heart by Katy Regnery


Ginger's Heart is the third book in Katy Regnery's A Modern Fairytale series. Each book is a complete standalone and is inspired by a different fairytale. Ginger's Heart being inspired by Little Red Riding Hood centers around two cousins (the woodman and the wolf) who love the same girl (red). I absolutely love this series and how Katy Regnery has taken such classic stories and given them a modern and romantic feel! I think that fans of fairytales and romance will really enjoy this series as much as I have, and if you are new to Katy's books then you are in for a treat!

Now without spoiling anything, I know that some readers will want to know a bit more information before diving into this one. Yes this book does feature two guys that love the same girl and it is a bit of a love triangle. I say a bit of one because this is not a menage and there isn't any bed-hopping. Beyond that I won't go into much detail, because this book is one that needs to just be experienced and trust me when I tell you that you don't want this one to be spoiled. 

Ginger McHuid grew up on her family's horse breeding farm close to cousins Josiah Woodman and Cain Wolfram. While the three of them were close and did almost everything together, Josiah and Cain couldn't have been more different from one another. While Josiah, the son of a local banker, was the town golden boy, Cain, the son of Ginger's father's Stallion Manager, was known for being a troublemaker. Things between them grew complicated as the years passed and their feelings began to change. What once was a tight bond between the three of them turned complicated and threatened to destroy everything.

I really liked these characters. It was easy to see right away just how close these three were. Cain and Josiah were closer than cousins, and they were practically brothers. I loved the bond they shared and the fact that they would do anything for one another. Which is why it was so hard at times to see each of them struggle here. Not only with each other, but also with their feelings. They both really cared about Ginger, and I knew that of course someone would end up getting hurt. I loved Ginger and I felt for her as well. She had love for each of them, but it was clear that it was a different kind of love. I knew that this journey wouldn't be easy, and I felt emotionally invested in these characters right away. As each of them experienced the highs and lows here, I really felt like I was too. 

This book was beautiful and heartbreaking at times, but also filled with love and hope. I won't say anymore because again I don't want to reveal anything, but I felt like Katy did a great job of really doing each of these characters justice. I felt like the story was true to them and I was happy with how things turned out. The one thing that I will say that really kept this book from being a five star read for me though was the fact that it was so long and throughout much of the first half the story was very repetitive. We are given three POVs here, so at times conversations and scenes would happen two or three times with very little changed. It seemed unnecessary at times and we really didn't gain that much new information. While it was nice to see inside each of their heads and experience what they were, it just really dragged the story down and I found myself skimming some of it since we had just experienced it either one or two times before. I think that had that been a bit more condensed, this story would have flowed a lot better. Overall this was still a really great story though, and I already can't wait for the next in this series. I am so excited for Don't Speak, inspired by The Little Mermaid!

**ARC Provided by RockStarLit PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes





0 comments :

Post a Comment