in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, March 20, 2016

ARC Review: With the Band by Natasha Preston


With the Band is the first book I have read from Natasha Preston. I couldn't wait to read this story because I love rockstar books and I loved the whole forbidden aspect to this story. As much as I wanted to love this story and genuinely enjoyed parts of the book, I ended up being disappointed here. 

Texas has been in love with Kitt Daniels for years, but besides one drunken kiss he has never shown interest in her. But with them about to set out on tour for Kitt's band that will be opening for her dad's band, they will be in close quarters. As Kitt and Texas spend more time together, the feelings and attraction between them grow, but Kitt doesn't know that he is ready to give up the rockstar life and available women. When things become too hard to fight though, both Kitt and Texas know that they will also have to deal with many more obstacles including her dad.

I will be honest and admit that I really didn't like Kitt at first. He was a bit of a jerk and I hate how he was with other women in front of Texas. He would feel bad about hurting her, yet he continued to act the same. I did like these two together though, and I thought that they made a great couple. I liked Texas right away, but towards the end she started to irritate me and I had some issues with things she did. These two had crazy chemistry and a great connection, but I think their age and immaturity really showed at times here. 

My biggest issue here though was the constant push and pull between Kitt and Texas. I expected some of that and can even enjoy it for awhile, but it was start to finish here and it just got to be too much. I also felt like besides the drama of the push and pull between them, there wasn't a lot of conflict here. Things were brought up and then quickly dropped or smoothed over. It was pretty unrealistic and seemed too easy at times. There were also times that things were a bit slow and long winded, and the dialogue and story got to be repetitive. I think that some things could have been shortened or skipped and the story would have flowed much better. The pacing wasn't always a problem, but it did lose my interest at times because of how slow it would get. I really loved Coop and Milo though, and I can't wait to get their stories. I think that this was a good story and it had a lot of potential, but I ended up liking it when I could have loved it. I will look for more from Natasha Preston in the future and look forward to reading more in this series.

**ARC Provided by Inkslinger PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes | 





0 comments :

Post a Comment