in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

ARC Review: Hell Breaks Loose by Sophie Jordan


Hell Breaks Loose is the second book in the Devil's Rock series by Sophie Jordan. While this book can be read as a standalone, I would highly recommend reading these in order. Not only is the first book in the series fantastic, but this story picks up right after the events of that book and continues some of that story though this one centers around different characters. I think that readers will enjoy this book either way, but I think that for the best experience these should be read in order. 

First Daughter Grace Reeves has always been the good girl and done what she's told. Just as she takes a chance and escapes her security detail, she finds her life turned upside down as she is kidnapped by a group of criminals. Reid Allister has plotted his escape from prison for years, and now that he is out he wants revenge. When he stumbles upon Grace shackled to a bedpost, he can't help but want her though he knows that she is way out of his league. They come from different worlds, but Reid vows to keep Grace safe.

These two were great! I thought that there was such an interesting dynamic between them, with both of them being affected by their circumstances and Stockholm Syndrome. There was a ton of sexual tension, and you could feel the chemistry between them despite everything going on. What I find so interesting about this series is how Sophie Jordan plays with the line between good and bad. While Reid is a criminal and has just escaped prison, he is a combination of both good and bad. He had so much cause for him to have gone down a completely different path, and yet he chose to go a different way. I really liked both Reid and Grace, and I couldn't get enough of them. 

While I really liked the first book in the series and was a bit worried going into this one, I ended up liking it just as much if not more than the first! This series is so different from anything else out there, and it is one that I am really loving. I can't recommend it enough if you are looking for something unique, and I think that this series is one that a lot of readers will enjoy just as much as I have. I can hardly wait for the next in the series from Sophie Jordan, and if you haven't started this series yet you are seriously missing out!

**ARC Provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes |





0 comments :

Post a Comment