in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, July 16, 2017

ARC Review: Mister Hockey by Lia Riley


Mister Hockey is the first book in the new Hellions Angels series by Lia Riley. Though I have both loved and had mixed feelings on books by Lia Riley in the past, I am a huge hockey fan so I had to read this book after seeing the blurb. Unfortunately this one was another story that I had some issues with and while it had promise, it ended up just being okay for me rather than me loving it. 

Jed West is Mr. Hockey. The sexy captain of the NHL's hottest team, Breezy is a super fan of his and he frequently stars in her fantasies. But when he walks into her library as a last minute addition for a special event, they hit it off. The only problem is that he doesn't know she is his biggest fan and she lets him believe it, while he has a strict policy of never getting involved with a fan. But can Breezy show Jed that they can be great together, despite the fact that she has always been a fan of his?

I liked Jed and Breezy. There were cute and had some great interactions. But while I liked them, at times they felt a bit too cookie-cutter to me. As though they were created using the standard romance novel formula and there wasn't much that stood out about them. I ended up just feeling kind of ho-hum about their story since there really wasn't anything about them drawing me in here. Not that I didn't like them, there just wasn't anything special or unique that had me anxious for more. 

The other thing that kept me from really loving this book was the the story itself was on the predictable and cliched side. Lia Riley is a great writer and she has a lot of talent, but it just felt like she phoned this one in. There wasn't a lot of passion here and I didn't feel connected to the characters or story like I have with her books before. While I always want the romance to be the focus in a romance novel, I also felt like this book could have used a bit more hockey as well. I didn't want the majority of the focus to be on Jed's career, but this one took place off the ice and I would have loved to have seen some of the action on the ice as well. Overall, I think that contemporary fans looking for something quick and easy might enjoy this one. But if you are looking for something new or different, this might not be the book for you.

**ARC Provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes | 




0 comments :

Post a Comment