in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, July 17, 2017

ARC Review: Prince Brock by Xavier Neal


While Prince Brock is the third standalone story in Xavier Neal's Price of Tease series, it is the first book that I have ever read from her. Even though I hadn't read the first two books in the series though, I didn't have any problems understanding anything. I do want to go back and read them after finishing this story though. 

French and Brock have been circling each other for years. After a terrible childhood, French helped to save Brock and the two have been closer to each other than anyone else ever since. Though there is something more than friendship between them, things remain complicated and they refuse to go there with each other for fear of destroying their relationship. French runs an exclusive strip club called The Castle where Brock performs. But as things become harder for them to fight, they both begin to wonder what their future looks like. 

I will admit that this was a hard book for me to get into at first. While the story was intriguing, the writing style was a bit hard for me to adjust to. Not only should the reader take the foul language warning seriously (the f-bomb is used frequently), but the author breaks the 4th wall and the characters actually talk to the reader. While I don't mind some bad words, it might bother some with how many were used throughout the entire story. But the part that was hard for me especially was with the characters constantly talking to the reader, with it being bold and in your face throughout the entire story. It was distracting and honestly I just wasn't a fan of it. Luckily for Xavier Neal, the story itself is interesting and kept me wanting to read despite the fact that I didn't care for the writing style. French and Brock had intense chemistry that kept me invested the whole way through. I felt like they truly belonged together and that they had a rare and special connection. They understood one another and I couldn't imagine them with anyone else. 

Overall, this was a good book that I enjoyed and didn't want to put down. The writing style was distracting and I would prefer that the characters didn't talk to the reader for the entire story in bold type in your face, but the story was good and worth the read. I liked the world that Xavier Neal has created and found it interesting. I am looking forward to reading more from Xavier Neal, especially in this series. I just have to brace myself for more of this writing style, but at least now I will be prepared for it since I know what to expect. I'd recommend this one as long as you are prepared for the language and writing style before going in.

**ARC Provided by Social Butterfly PR**

Purchase: | Amazon




0 comments :

Post a Comment