in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, October 20, 2017

Review: Unforgiven by Ruth Clampett


I love friends to lovers romance stories and I was really excited to read Unforgiven by Ruth Clampett. I especially love this trope in M/M romance books, and Jason and Dean's story was one that I really thought was going to be a home run for me. Unfortunately I had too many issues to love this one, and I am unsure at this point if I would read more from this author. 

Dean and Jason have been best friends since childhood, following their dreams of opening up their own architecture firm by going to the same college and joining the same program. As roommates though, everything changes when Dean sees Jason with another guy. Jason has secretly wanted Dean for years, but has been forced to watch him go through countless women. When things suddenly start to heat up between them though, both struggle with what it means for their friendship and their future. 

One of my biggest issues here was the fact that Dean was almost impossible to like for the majority of this book. He was an absolute homophobic jerk, making so many comments that were beyond acceptable that I didn't know that he could ever recover from them. Jason was often times a complete doormat that it made him hard to like as well. While these two clearly had a connection and chemistry, I just couldn't get beyond those things. Seriously it was shocking the thoughts and words that Dean had.

I also have to say that for a M/M story this book had a shocking amount of M/F action, and that really just didn't work for me. While I enjoy M/F books as well as M/M, I felt like it really hurt my opinion of this one right from the start and that along with the character issues here were enough to kill this story for me. If those things weren't enough though, there was a huge communication problem that led to cheating and it was all just brushed to the side and wasn't dealt with as though it was okay. That was the final nail in the coffin on this one for me. If you are looking for an asshole hero that makes a ton of homophobic remarks and is the least supportive friend ever when it comes to his best friend and future boyfriend coming out as well as some giant communication issues that lead to cheating then this one might be for you. However, I can't recommend this one based on everything that I had problems with here.

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | 





0 comments :

Post a Comment