in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, June 24, 2018

ARC Review: The Upside of Falling by Meghan Quinn


The Upside of Falling is the first book in the Blue Line Duet by Meghan Quinn. I really enjoyed this book and I can’t wait for more. Since this is the first book in the duet, it does end with a cliffhanger and readers should be prepared to be on pins and needles waiting for the next book just like I am. Meghan drew me in right away with these characters and I can’t wait to see what happens next! 

Colby has always had one dream, to become a fighter pilot. His childhood was rough, but planes and his dream were what got him through. Now that his dream is finally in sight, he knows that he must avoid all distractions in order to achieve his goal. But when he meets Rory, he knows that she is exactly the kind of distraction he should avoid, and yet he finds himself unable to fight the pull he feels to her.

I loved these characters! I will admit that at first I was worried about how I would ultimately feel about Rory. Her persistence with Colby at first despite the many times he pushed her away was something that kind of bothered me. Luckily though it paid off, and I was glad that she hadn’t given up when Colby started to come around. These two fit together really well, and I could see the not only the attraction between them, but also the connection that was there from the start and just continued to grow. I felt invested in each of them as individuals and as a couple. 

Overall, I enjoyed this book a lot and I wasn’t ready for it to be over! I can’t wait for the next installment after how things ended here, and I need to know if these two will get their HEA. I am still pretty new to Meghan Quinn’s books, yet she has never let me down. Both Colby and Rory were likable and relatable characters, and I think readers are going to love them like I did. The next book in the duet, The Downside of Love, comes out soon so don’t be afraid to jump in with this one as you won’t have long to wait!

**ARC Provided by Inkslinger PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N




0 comments :

Post a Comment