in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, November 26, 2019

ARC Review: Underneath the Sycamore Tree by B. Celeste


I have loved everything I’ve read from B. Celeste, so I was really excited when I read the blurb for Underneath the Sycamore Tree. I knew I wanted to read it and expected it to be everything I’ve learned to expect from B. Celeste. I have to admit though, that this book was not what I was expecting at all. I won’t be going into detail on the actual story, as I don’t want to spoil anything. 

First let me say though that this book was just as well written as everything else that I have read from Celeste. It flowed well and I was lost in the story and the journey of the characters. It was beautiful and Celeste continues to prove that she is a talented author. 

The problem for me was a personal one. I was not expecting things to take the turn they did, and I’ll admit that while I understood why Celeste did this, as a reader I personally struggle with certain things and that hurts my enjoyment of a story, no matter how well written it is. This is nothing personal towards the author, but each person handles things differently and for me as a reader I want certain things when I read a romance. 

I still think this book is worth the read and incredibly well written, I just personally wished it would have been different and my rating is a reflection of my personal taste.

**ARC Provided by Give Me Books**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle |




0 comments :

Post a Comment