in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, July 12, 2020

ARC Review: Color Me Pretty by B. Celeste


I have read a few books by B. Celeste now and I love her forbidden stories! Color Me Pretty was another great read from her, and I knew I had to read it when I found out it was a daddy's best friend book. While I did really enjoy it, this one won't be for everyone. I think if you are open to a beautiful story and connection though, this one is worth the read. 

Theo and Della were great! They had such a strong connection and it was so clear that they were made for one another. Their connection and relationship morphed over several years and grew as they did. They were genuine and vulnerable, and I loved getting to know each of them. 

What kept this one from being a five star read for me were just a few small personal things. I felt like I would have liked a bit more about Theo and Della as this one was a lot about Della and all she had been through. While I liked seeing some of it, it was a lot of personal growth and I felt the romance suffered a bit for how focused on her it was. I also felt like for how much this was supposed to be forbidden and how it was brought up so many times, that things were resolved easily and it just felt like a lot of build up for something that was just basically accepted. I was expecting a bit more fallout. I still really enjoyed the book, and these things might not even matter to someone else but for me it was the difference between a 4 and 5 star read. I can't wait to see what B. Celeste writes in the future though. I really hope she continues to give us these great forbidden stories! 

 **ARC Provided by Give Me Books**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle |






0 comments :

Post a Comment