in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, July 17, 2020

ARC Review: Boyfriend Material by Alexis Hall


I was excited to read this book, often times seeing it compared to Red, White, and Royal Blue (which I really enjoyed and definitely recommend!) Unfortunately, Boyfriend Material just didn't live up to that at all and I have to say that this one wasn't what I had been expecting or hoping for at all. 

Everyone in this story was immature and silly at times, and honestly none of them acted their ages. It drove me nuts most of the time, there were times that I found things funny though. This one was just so over the top at times though that I struggled. That coupled with the fact that the main characters were unlikable for good portions of this book just didn't work for me. I really wanted to love them and see them get on the right track, but it was just setback after setback. I also wasn't totally feeling the romance. They had chemistry and a connection, but they also doubted each other as often as they doubted themselves. While I don't need a book to be super steamy, we saw them be affectionate but everything else was closed door and I really would have liked to see them getting to know one another better both in and out of the bedroom. 

By the time I reached the ending, I was just hoping that we would get a satisfying ending and I felt this one was rushed. I have heard that Alexis Hall has great books, but this was my first read and I'm not sure if i'd give any others a shot or not. I have seen a lot of really positive reviews for this one though, so it might be for you if you like OTT rom-coms and don't mind some immaturity. 

 **ARC Provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N |




0 comments :

Post a Comment