in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, March 29, 2013

ARC Review: Down and Dirty by Christine Bell


I really wanted to like this book and in a sense I did enjoy it but compared to the first book this book just did not hold up as well for me.

I think part of my problem was with Cat, the heroine. I was never able to connect with her, which is sad because I loved her in Down and Dirty. At times I found her aggravating and highly annoying. Her emotions are just so all over the place and I hated the way she was with Shane. She's so damn indecisive and it was annoying. I understand her being afraid of being hurt but seriously, make up your mind. The whole book is her going back and forth and by the end I honestly didn't care about her feelings or what she wanted.

As a whole I really liked Shane. I found him sweet and I like that he knows what he wants. Though at the same time I wanted him to wake up and find someone better than Cat. Someone deserving of his love. I just never felt like he and Cat were it for each other. I just didn't feel the chemistry between them. Don't get me wrong, some of their scenes together were hot but it just felt like sex to me. Where's the love? The tenderness? I just didn't feel it between them and that's a total bummer. Also, I thought that the conflict between them at the end was forced and not at all needed. It felt like it was thrown in as an after thought. It came out of nowhere and was gone just as fast.

All in all, Down and Dirty was just okay for me.

**ARC copy provided by publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | Barnes & Noble |



0 comments :

Post a Comment