in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

ARC Review: Rock and a Hard Place by Angie Stanton


Let me start off by saying that I don't normally read a lot of YA books, in fact there are very few that I have read since I left high school. But when I was asked if I would like to read Rock and a Hard Place by Angie Stanton, I knew from the blurb that I had to read this one! I really enjoyed this story and I am so glad that I took a chance on it. This sweet story really drew me in and kept me so interested that I devoured it in one sitting. I honestly wasn't sure how it would go with this one for me, as I love me some sexy scenes! That being said, I was surprised how much I enjoyed Libby and Peter's love story and it was nice to read a story that wasn't all sex all the time. I really felt their connection and depth of their feelings, and sometimes that can get lost when a book is filled with sexy times.

Libby has been living a nightmare of a life. Her mother and sister were killed in a car accident and her father left her with her aunt after he slipped into depression. Her aunt is mean and always drinking, and she has very strict rules about what Libby can and can't do. All the kids at school know that Libby's aunt is the town crazy and have always given Libby a hard time thinking she is exactly the same. One day while outside in her favorite spot, Libby meets Peter. Peter is in a famous rock band with his brothers, and they tour the country with their parents. Peter is constantly surrounded and never has privacy. He longs to be able to get away and have a normal life. When he meets Libby he realizes that she has no idea who he is or who his band is. They instantly connect and begin a friendship. As they get to know each other better, their feelings grow and they want nothing more than to be together. But with Peter constantly on the road and his busy career and Libby's nasty aunt they have little to no time to be together. They experience many obstacles in their way as they try to work out a relationship, and things seem to keep coming up that keep them apart. Both Libby and Peter feel strongly about each other and are willing to do whatever it takes to be together, but will their love for each other be enough to overcome everything that stands in their way?

I loved Peter. He was sweet and down to earth despite being extremely talented and having such a high profile career at such a young age. He was thoughtful and generous and very genuine. I really loved the times when he and Libby were together. They were fun and sweet and everything you look for in a young first love. Libby was great. Despite being young and suffering all the loss that she had, she was a survivor. She never gave up and she had a quiet strength to her that most people would not have had after going through everything she had. Not only was she strong, but she was also smart. Her and Peter were such a great couple and really seemed to be meant to be together. It was enjoyable to read their story and see them go from meeting and being friends to watching them as they fell in love. They had so much that stood in their way, and at times this story absolutely broke my heart watching as they had to go through some of the things they did. There were times that I really wanted to hit a few members of Peter's family. I couldn't believe that they did and said some of the things they did, and after all that I couldn't quite understand how Peter could ever forgive them. But I knew that Peter and Libby were meant to be together and had hope that they would be able to overcome anything to be with each other.

Overall, this story was a wonderful change from what I am used to reading. It was light, quick and refreshing like a glass of lemonade on a hot day. It gave me that sweet romance and love that just makes your heart happy. The only criticism I have, and I admit its a small one, is that I wanted more to their story. I felt that the ending came too quickly and I wanted to see more of what happened to them in the future. I just felt the way things were left was a little abrupt and I had hoped to get a little more of Libby and Peter. After reading Rock and a Hard Place, I can now say that I am a fan of Angie Stanton and I cannot wait to read more from her in the future. If her stories are all as well written as this one, I know that I will read anything of hers that I can get my hands on in the future. I cannot wait to read Snapshot, which is the second Jamieson Brothers novel and features Peter's brother Adam. I am really excited to read Adam's story, and I also hope maybe to get a little more of Peter and Libby too. Despite this book being young adult, I think that this love story has so much to offer any fan of romance. This book will make you fall in love with Peter and Libby and keep you turning the pages until you have read every last word.

**ARC provided by Author**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | Barnes & Noble | The Book Depository |



0 comments :

Post a Comment