in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, November 23, 2013

ARC Review: Unafraid by Melody Grace


Unafraid is the second book in the Beachwood Bay series by Melody Grace. These books can be read as stand-alones and you do not need to have read the first in order to understand this one. Unafraid is the story of Hunter and Brittany who is Emerson's sister from Unbroken. For me, Unafraid was a quick read that had both things I liked and things I didn't. I just felt that this story was a little bit too predictable and although the characters were very likable, they would would often times have me shaking my head or rolling my eyes. This story seemed so promising, and unfortunately I just felt like something was allowing me from really loving this one.

Brittany Ray has grown up with everyone leaving her. She also has a reputation around Beachwood Bay of being easy. She convinces herself that she isn't worthy of love or happiness. She spends one night with the gorgeous and rich Hunter Covington, and leaves him early the next morning. She knows that they have no possible future together and yet she wants just one night together. Three years later, Hunter returns to Beachwood Bay determined to restore his grandfather's old horse ranch and convince Brit to give them a chance. Brit can't figure out why Hunter is pursuing her, but she knows that she doesn't belong with him and needs to push him away. However Hunter refuses to allow her to get away with running again. Hunter and Brittany begin to spend time together and the more that they see each other the more feelings that grow. But with him being from a family like his and Brit being who she is, there are many obstacles that stand in their way. Will Brit and Hunter be able to overcome everything that stands between them, or are they just too different to possibly make a relationship work?

I liked Hunter. I thought that he was a great guy who had a lot of pressure to be someone he wasn't, and you could tell that he really struggled with that. Although he knew what he wanted and went after it, there were times that he would allow others to control what he did or push him in a different direction. It just seemed very inconsistent at times when he would say one thing and then he would turn around and do something else. But he was very sweet and would do such special things for Brit that absolutely made me swoon! I felt really bad for Brit. She has had so many bad things happen to her, and they just seem to keep coming! Talk about hitting someone when they are down, my heart absolutely ached for her. She was vulnerable and yet strong despite being looked upon badly by her entire town. I loved that she stood up for herself and wasn't afraid to be who she was. There were times that I got a little annoyed with her though, and I just wanted to see her give up some of her insecurities. I felt the connection between Brit and Hunter and I really wanted them to get their HEA. These two had great chemistry and the attraction was there from the start. I felt like there was a little too much drama and angst at times though, and it just seemed as though they had a breakthrough only to experience a major setback. One step forward, two steps back...it was just a little much in my opinion. Despite all the drama, Brit and Hunter were really hot together and the steam was always there between them. I loved their steamy scenes, but I really loved their sweet scenes the most.

Overall, this was a quick and mostly enjoyable read. I think my biggest problem with this one was that there was just so much drama and angst that seemed to be really unnecessary to me. I just kept thinking enough already these two have to catch a break. I also really couldn't stand Hunter's mother, and how Hunter would just keep quiet especially when it came to things about Brit. Without spoiling too much, there was something that happened at the end and her reaction just seemed completely out of character and it just didn't make sense to me. It was very inconsistent with who she was the entire story before that. Despite the bad, I did like that there was an ending with absolutely no cliffhanger! It was nice to see Brit and Hunter overcome their obstacles and really grow together. They are definitely stronger together and really balance the other. It was nice to see them support each other and lean on each other. I would have liked to have seen a little bit more about where they ended up, but I hope that we might be given some of that in the next story. I think that most New Adult fans will find this story to be enjoyable and should give this series a try. I am curious to see where Melody Grace takes the rest of these characters in the future and i'm also curious to go back and read the start of this series. I have to say I am really curious about Brit's friend and boss Garrett. I really hope that we get his story, you could just tell that there is so much more going on than meets the eye.

**ARC provided by Inkslinger PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | Barnes & Noble |





0 comments :

Post a Comment