in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, February 23, 2014

ARC Review: Tyler & Stella by Heidi Joy Tretheway


Tyler & Stella is the second book in Heidi Joy Tretheway's Tattoo Thief series. I will admit that going into this story I was a bit worried that I wouldn't be able to get behind the heroine after meeting her in the first book. I am so glad that I gave this one a shot though as she completely changed my opinion of her. This book can be read as a stand alone, but the characters are linked. I highly recommend that you start with Tattoo Thief in order to get to know the characters better though and see how the events from that book really set into motion the plot for Tyler & Stella. It isn't necessary though, but I think it definitely adds to the experience of this book. I am really enjoying this series, and I already can't wait for the next book.

After betraying her best friend, Stella is determined to earn Beryl's trust back. When Tyler offers to let her see their practice space for help with a story on the band Tattoo Thief, she jumps at the chance to redeem herself. She plans to write a story only telling the information that they provide for her. As Stella is around Tyler, the attraction and chemistry between them is undeniable and has Stella making a move. Tyler shuts her down quickly though, and Stella is left reeling. Stella trys to keep her distance, but they keep running into each other and every time Tyler ends up rescuing her. Stella has her reasons for keeping men at arm's length, and Tyler is determined to have all or nothing when it comes to her. The closer they get, the more the begin to feel for each other. But when a story comes out of nowhere that threatens everything growing between them, will they be able to find a way to get through it together?

I liked Tyler. He was sweet and a bit shy, and completely unlike any rockstar I have ever read about. I loved that he was so much more than you get at first glance. He was funny and a great friend, always looking out for others before himself. I liked that he was so down to earth and was so determined when it came to Stella. He really helped her to be a better person, and he never came off as judgmental or arrogant. He genuinely just wanted to help her and see if they had a chance to take their feelings and attraction and have something real. Stella had a lot of ground to make up after the end of Tattoo Thief. I honestly wasn't sure how she could possibly do it and really make it believable. But Stella seemed to truly be sorry for what she had done and I loved that she immediately opened up to Beryl and gave her her own deepest darkest secret to show that she trusted her. Stella was a bit broken after everything that she had been through, and it explained a lot of her actions. She had been through so much and hadn't had anyone to really lean on. It's not an excuse for her character, but it really showed just how lonely and down she had become. I really thought that Stella and Tyler were great together. They seemed to be a great balance for each other, and were pretty much the perfect example of opposites attract. They had really great chemistry together and were hot, but I really loved their sweetness the most.

Overall, I really enjoyed Tyler & Stella and thought that they were a great couple. I loved how they stood by each other and supported one another. I wish that Tyler and Stella had chosen to reveal their secrets to each other rather than having them found out because of others. That was my one complaint with this story. I just felt like it would have meant so much more between them if they had chosen to give the other that information without it only coming to light because it was thrust on them. But it was great to see how Stella really evolved from the character we first met with the help of Tyler and the rest of the Tattoo Thief family. I love how close this group is and how they really go all out for each other. Their camaraderie is really special, and I think that they have some of the best chemistry as a group that I have ever read about. They are all so different and that is what makes them so strong. I also really liked getting to meet Violet. I liked seeing her and Stella become friends, and I can't wait to get to know her better. I think that this series is one that is definitely worth reading, and I love how unique these stories are. They are not your typical rockstar romances and I think that is what makes them so enjoyable. I think that these characters are extremely easy to relate to despite the fact that they are rockstars and I highly recommend checking this series out if you haven't read it yet.

**ARC provided by Inkslinger PR**

Purchase: Amazon | Kindle | B&N |




1 comments :

  1. NA author Lyla Payne told me she believes any character, no matter how bad, can be redeemed (and she pointed to Game of Thrones as an example). Stella was a huge challenge in this, but I love the bad girls. Thank you for sharing Tyler & Stella!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete