in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, February 27, 2014

ARC Review: Worth the Chance by Vi Keeland


Worth the Chance is the second book in the MMA Series by Vi Keeland about some sexy fighters. This book is Vinny's story and takes place several years after the first book. Vinny is now grown and is given a second chance with the one girl he wanted but never allowed himself to have. I really loved Worth the Fight and wasn't sure that I would like this one as much, but I absolutely loved this book as well. This series is so good and I really love all the characters. Not only is the writing fantastic and the characters great, but these books have a way of instantly drawing you in. I was so invested in these characters right from the start, and I couldn't put this book down. Vinny and Liv's story is a must read, and this series is one of my favorites.

Liv is well on her way to her dream job of writing for the local paper and it is down to her and one other girl. She gets assigned to write an article on an up and coming MMA fighter. When she goes to the gym to interview him, she finds none other than Vinny the boy she once tutored in high school. Liv always liked Vinny, but he was two years older than her and she always felt that he was out of her league. Vinny always wanted Liv as well, but knew that she was a good girl that was meant for more than him. Now, they have a second chance and both still feel the same connection and attraction they felt years ago. At first Liv wants nothing to do with Vinny despite the chemistry they share, but Vinny isn't willing to let her run away that easily. As Vinny and Liv begin to spend time together, they both feel more for each other than they have ever felt before. When Liv's chance at her dream career threatens her relationship with Vinny, what choice will she make? Will Vinny and Liv be able to have a future together, or will there be too many things standing in their way?

I really liked Vinny. It was fun to see him all grown up after having first met him as a young troubled boy in Worth the Fight. I liked that he was so protective and possessive of Liv. He was really sexy and you could tell how much he cared about her by his actions. I also liked that he was all alpha and liked control, but that he wasn't a jerk about it. There were times that he let some of that control go and allowed his feelings for Liv to be completely obvious to her through the way he let go. I also liked that even though his mom wasn't great to him and she didn't deserve it, he was always looking out for her. He was so much more than just the troubled boy that was constantly acting out, and I loved getting to know him better and see the other sides to him. I also loved Liv. She was smart and strong, and I liked that she was always looking out for Vinny. She didn't always go about it the best way, but she was always doing her best to protect him as he protected her. I liked that might jump to conclusions about things at times, but that she always listened to what Vinny would tell her and had faith in him and his feelings for her. Vinny and Liv were a great couple that had a ton of chemistry and were extremely hot together. But they also had a really great connection, and I loved that they had a history together. I think the fact that they had known each other at a young age and had been connected even then, made their relationship that much more real and believable.

Overall, this book was an excellent addition to this series. I loved reading this book and thought that it was extremely enjoyable. I loved Vinny and Liv, and I was also really glad that we got to see more of Nico, Elle, and Preach. It was really great to see how far they had all come, and I also really liked meeting Jax as well. I am so excited that his story is next! Even though I knew he wasn't right for Liv and we only got to see a bit of him, I could tell that I am going to love his character as well! I think this series is one that I will reread over and over, and will always be a favorite of mine. These books are fantastic and they stay with you. I highly recommend this series if you haven't already read it. These books are linked by characters, but can be read as standalones. I would start at the beginning though as you won't want to miss anything about any of these characters. I am becoming a huge fan of Vi Keeland, and I can't wait to not only read the next book in this series, but also see what else she comes up with in the future.

**ARC provided by AToMR Tours**

Purchase: | Amazon B&N | iTunes |




1 comments :

  1. 'Not only is the writing fantastic and the characters great, but these books have a way of instantly drawing you in.' I love finding that in a writing. :) Thank you for your thoughts on WORTH THE CHANCE.

    ReplyDelete