in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, April 11, 2014

ARC Review: Mad About You by Joan Kilby


I was really surprised with how much I liked this book. I have never before read anything by Joan Kilby and that can always be a risk. I am so glad that I took the chance though because it really paid off with Mad About You. I really liked the characters, and I loved the friends to lovers trope. This book was just one of those really great romance stories that you find so cute and adorable that you can't help but become lost in it. I think what made this one so great for me was the fact that the two main characters had known each other almost their whole lives and the fact that they were so real and normal. I was able to relate to them and I was really invested in their HEA from the start.

When Cassy's best friend Scott asks for her help, she will do just about anything she can for him. They have been best friends since they were kids, and they have always been there for each other. Cassy is an accountant still living in the small town they grew up in, and although she is bored with her job of doing taxes she is comfortable with her life except when it comes to Scott. They have always been friends, but Cassy has also been in love with him for forever. She tried to kiss him one time and he ignored her for a few weeks after, then pretended that it never happened. She would rather have him as a friend than nothing at all. After Scott asks her to drop everything and move in with him to help him get the financial support he needs, she reluctantly agrees. But the minute that she arrives, they both feel as though their relationship is changing. Suddenly Scott is also experiencing the attraction between them and is more confused than ever. In order to keep the women away from Scott while he focuses on his work, Cassy and Scott come up with a fake engagement between them. When the passion ignites between them, they both decide to give in and enjoy each other while they can. But with their feelings growing stronger than ever and the new physical aspect of their relationship, can their friendship possibly survive? What happens when both of them start to wonder about a future together for real rather than just the fake relationship that it started off as?

I will admit that it was hard for me to connect with Scott right away. He was awkward and a bit cold feeling. It seemed like he was almost indifferent to Cassy at first and as though he had truly never seen her as anything other than his best friend. But as the story went on he really grew on me. He was geeky and adorable and his awkwardness became something that I actually really liked about him. It isn't often in a hero that you find a really successful and handsome man that is so nerdy and hasn't a clue about women. I liked that we got to see how confused he was and that he really had thought of Cassy as more than a friend. He was so afraid of losing her that he had never taken a chance on anything with her. I really liked Cassy. I loved that she didn't judge him and that she accepted him as he was. She looked out for him and you could tell that she would truly do anything for him, even if she knew that it would upset him at first. She really was a great friend and she knew him better than he even knew himself. I liked that she held out for him and wouldn't settle for a relationship with him that was just about their friendship or sex. The connection and bond that Scott and Cassy had was so deep and real because they had known each other all their lives. I loved that they were best friends, and really they were all that each other had. Their bond was undeniable and I really believed it from the start. They also had great chemistry together and I loved seeing them as they navigated their way from friends to lovers. I also loved that Scott was nerdy and adorable but then he was completely different when he was in bed with her. He had a whole other side to him that was really sexy.

Overall, this was a great quick and sweet read. I loved that there was no cliffhanger and no angst. This book was just one of those ones that you can sit and relax while reading and once you finish you are left feeling happy and satisfied. Scott might have taken a bit for me to warm up to, but I really ended up liking him and Cassy. They were great together personally, and I also loved that they were such a great partnership and team. I liked seeing just how well they knew each other and were able to turn such a great friendship into more. I also really enjoyed the parts with the geek techies. They were so fun and I liked watching them interact with Cassy. This book is one I would highly recommend to those looking for something short and sweet with a great HEA. I really enjoyed this story from start to finish and I look forward to reading more from Joan Kilby in the future.

**ARC provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N |



0 comments :

Post a Comment